Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Pretty Photos <3
QueenOdi Wrote:On a side note, perhaps I should try to take pics of Crystal Cave, which is an underground/water cave, accessible from a slanted opening in the land :tongue: , it's very mysterious and has an extremely long history.

[Have I succeeded in teasing you all abit? Wink ]

Yes, dammit! :biggrin:

te he Confusedmile: .

Well, I'm to lazy to get off my bum and take a bus ride up there, so I just got pictures off the internet, but I can tell you some stories about the caves Wink .

This is what you see when you go down.
[Image: DCARBD00NS06Z6-1100051104VV.jpg]

Although there are railings there to prevent falls and whatnot, there's parts of the cave[as it's quite large] that have no railings and have quite slippery rocks. It's pretty dangerous if don't have a guide or common sense :tongue: .

[Image: 113686365.s9ljDwry.DSC03470.JPG]

Although it's pretty prohibited, there are some very limited areas where you can swim, although I think it's been banned in some spots for some reason or the other, but I've swam there before. There are also cave fish that live there as well.
[Random couple]
[Image: 8.1222373160.092.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_la512u0eMF1qb760to1_500.jpg]

[Image: bermuda_i0002a2.jpg]

So, years ago, there were reports of Dolphins, that's right Dolphins, actually living in caves like these around the island, although I've never actually seen one in a cave. We do have them in Dockyard, but mostly as a tourist attraction, since you can swim with them and feed them and so on.

My Nana told me that when she was a little girl, her dad told her a story about how some kids actually discovered Crystal caves playing Cricket, when their ball landed by the opening and they went in and discovered this underwater/ground cave. Back then, it was bad luck to go anyplace you didn't know, so they didn't go all the way in, but they told everyone they knew and that's how it came to be, along with the Fantasy Caves, practically right next to it.

It's quite common to us, we're very adapt to water and sea life and what not, but for tourist it's like a magical wonderland :biggrin: . I like seeing people go "omg!!!" Wink .

Also, a few pics of Devil's Hole;

I belive it was founded or discovered in 1834.
[Image: Devils-Hole-1.jpg]

It's mostly Turtles that live there now, Giant Green Sea Turtles, but there are a few other marine species that live there.

[Image: 2641109238_b3db1d659b.jpg]

[Image: 2641111632_cf896a9059.jpg]

and as I said before, back in the day it was cloaked in mystery and intrigue, since no one had ever come across a hole in the middle of the land, filled with sea life, although I believe there's a channel that leads out [can't remember exactly].

So as you can see from the pictures I've posted, both previous and present, nature and especially water, is part of our culture and you can now see why I'm so enamoured with animals... especially Turtles! :tongue:

Although, I wish we had some of Scotlands scenery, but oh well Rolleyes .

I hope you enjoyed :biggrin: .
[I'll try to get my own pictures some other time.:redface:]

I caught a picture of the suns rays :biggrin:

[Image: IMG_1264.jpg]

and of the pretty pink sky Wink

[Image: IMG_1269.jpg]

[Love my island Loveya ]

These pictures were from yesterday. I was waiting for the bus next to the Aquarium & Zoo [where I start next week Tuesday Cheerleader2]

It rained tremendously. I was right next to the Giant Sea Turtles, but I stupidly didn't take pictures Rolleyes .

Looking out from the bus stop;
[Image: IMG_1300.jpg]

This is a spot where normally Sting Rays frequent, or around the area, which is why there's a "No Fishing" sign, plus, it's quite slippery down there. It's right next to the Bus Stop.
[Image: IMG_1301.jpg]

Great pictures, I love the ones of the road people forget to include the regular things of their lives.
Richard

ardus Wrote:Great pictures, I love the ones of the road people forget to include the regular things of their lives.
Richard

Thanks Richie Xyxthumbs

It's especially regular in my life, cause I catch the bus nearly everyday Rofl .

OMG,u live near to the beach...that's wonderful,i love it. My city is so...pollution i need a little bit sea ​​breeze, wish i'll be there soon Sad.

BrianNguyen Wrote:OMG,u live near to the beach...that's wonderful,i love it. My city is so...pollution i need a little bit sea ​​breeze, wish i'll be there soon Sad.

Well technically speaking, we all live near the beach here, as we're literally surrounded by water. But yes, I'm actually near two, but one is closer and less frequented :biggrin: .

I couldn't imagine not being able to go into the water every once in awhile, without worrying about pollution... I went to Florida once [my first time] and was excited to go swimming, but when we got in, we couldn't even see the bottom!
:eek:
No offense to any Floridians/Americans. It was just too cloudy for me :frown: .

QueenOdi Wrote:I couldn't imagine not being able to go into the water every once in awhile, without worrying about pollution... I went to Florida once [my first time] and was excited to go swimming, but when we got in, we couldn't even see the bottom!
:eek:
No offense to any Floridians/Americans. It was just too cloudy for me :frown: .

Florida water too cloudy:eek: you should see it here in Virginia, you cant see past 6 inches down. that's probably thanks to the two shipyards and power plants in the area.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:Florida water too cloudy:eek: you should see it here in Virginia, you cant see past 6 inches down. that's probably thanks to the two shipyards and power plants in the area.

:eek::eek: My eyes!!

I swim with my eyes open, so that sounds like torture to my poor eyeZ Cry .

I feel so sad for other countries sometimes. We always take what we have here for granted [our pleasant, year round weather, beautiful waters, pretty island], while other places are suffering or aren't as well off :frown: .

Y'all need to clean that water up in Virginia! Biglaugh