Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Scorpion Sting
So last night while I was out and about in the lovely Sonoran Desert of Arizona, U.S. I was sitting on a bar stool when I felt a peculiar tingling feeling on my leg. It was a scorpion, and yes my friends, I was a victim of a venemous insect sting.

I don't know what the big deal was. I always hear how it hurts when you get stung by one, a scorpion. It really doesn't hurt, for me at least.

So, if there isn't already a post such as this, here is one now.

What is the strangest insect you have ever gotten stung by?

I was stung by two bullet ants in Venezuela, that IS PAIN!!!Cry

...a Bee? Im not very adventurous or sting worthy? :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I was bit by a black widow spider. Spent 4 days in the hospital 2 of which I was on life support. I was 7 at the time but I remember the pain as if it was yesterday. I still have nightmares about being in the hospital hooked up to all the machines.

jjones81865 Wrote:I was bit by a black widow spider. Spent 4 days in the hospital 2 of which I was on life support. I was 7 at the time but I remember the pain as if it was yesterday. I still have nightmares about being in the hospital hooked up to all the machines.

Wow, that is scary. I have a total fear of spiders. This is one of my biggest fears...getting stung by one of those, or any spider really.

I'm afraid I'm with Twazzle - a bee is about as far as I've been ... the Channel Islands aren't reknowned for their rare or dangerous indigenous wildlife (unless you count local people :redfaceSmile, and I'm not reknowned for my travelling exploits Confusedmile:.

Good question though !! Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:I'm afraid I'm with Twazzle - a bee is about as far as I've been ... the Channel Islands aren't reknowned for their rare or dangerous indigenous wildlife (unless you count local people :redfaceSmile, and I'm not reknowned for my travelling exploits Confusedmile:.

Good question though !! Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

-Stings you.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]As a young child was playing around with some ants and was bit. They were large ants and that was crazy painful Scared

I mow a lot of lawns and last year had a total shock.

I felt all these stings while mowing one day... hmmmmm, what was going on??? Looked around and found some bees... they had gone up my pant leg - little bastards.

Was cutting the same lawn the next week and at the same place was getting stung again... took a closer look and they were coming from a hole in the ground. WTF, never knew bees built hives underground... an army was coming from that hole... ***I did understand I would be upset too if a loud noise like a mower shook up my house.

I wondered what to do (as I do not believe in killing anything) so found a large stone and put it over the hole hoping they would move out and not die Pray

Very glad I am not allergic to bee stings or I would have been a goner.

It is a good thing you didnt ask about greatest scare (not bite) as that would have brought back sever nightmares :biggrin: [/COLOR]

fjp999 Wrote:[COLOR="Purple"]
Was cutting the same lawn the next week and at the same place was getting stung again... took a closer look and they were coming from a hole in the ground. WTF, never knew bees built hives underground... an army was coming from that hole... ***I did understand I would be upset too if a loud noise like a mower shook up my house.

I wondered what to do (as I do not believe in killing anything) so found a large stone and put it over the hole hoping they would move out and not die Pray
[/COLOR]

I hate bees/wasps/etc

If that was me (and ofcourse my own lawn) i would wait til its dark
and all those bugs had gone in for the night...then i would unload
a ton of bugspray down that hole (set something up and get away)...

After that get a bunch of firewood light up a nice hot fire Firedevil and
keep it going for a hours to burn the hell outta that spot (to finish any
remaining bugs/eggs/etc)

(oh well there'd be a dead/bare spot in the yard after that but the bugs
would be gone Confusedmile: LOL)

I am terrified of snakes, any snake. It's funny cuz we have alligators, snapping turtles, coyotes, a myriad of spiders and even a few brown bears here and none of that bother me, but put a plastic snake in my mailbox and you will be able to hear me scream a few hundred miles away

The last time I was stung, I was about 11. It wasn't really a strange insect or anything, just a horsewasp, and a small one at that. It was funny, though, and it hurt.
We were on our farm and the grownups were enjoying some drinks, but were all out of lemon slices. So, they sent me to fetch a lemon. I walked the long path to the orchard and picked out a nice, large lemon. On tiptoes, I reached for it and just as it came off the tree, the wasp, which was in the tree, flew up my shorts and stung me on my inner thigh, right up by the crotch. I ran, screaming like a 5 year old girl, back to the farmhouse and to my mother. They weren't worried about the sting, no. What I got, instead of comfort, was an admonisment for forgetting the lemon...