Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Second Marathon
Hi folks,

Just a little update that I would to share with everyone in GS.

[Image: IMG_0380_zpsaftlkotj.jpg]

I'm currently preparing myself for my second long distance run (10km). The Standard Chartered KL Marathon will be held on the 4th October 2015. So I only have 2 weeks left for training.

Admittedly my preparation for this marathon is a bit lacking due to time. I was busy with job and driving lesson.

I completed 4km run this morning. I will add another 2km next week.

Besides running, I also do High-Intensity Interval Training and weight training. A lot of leg training; back squat and lunges.

I hope my injured left leg will be in a 'good mood' for the next few weeks. My left leg has its good day and bad day. It's a side effect from morbid obesity. I used to be 363 lbs (165kg) so obviously my leg wasn't able to handle that weight. The injury becomes worse after I fell downstairs. I didn't seek medical treatment because I thought it was a minor fall. I was a silly kid.

If people wonder what kind of leg injury that I have, voila. A video of yours truly doing Back Squat. You can see clearly that my left leg is curvy. I know my form looks really awkward from the front angle but don't worry, I have a good form. My squat was observed by a two-time world bodybuilding champion. She praised my form.

[VIMEO]139119039[/VIMEO]

She was actually the one who taught me how to squat properly. Then again she also trained me in other stuff. According to her, I progressed so much because I'm not lazy and have the will power.

I can't fix my left leg but it's okay, it doesn't bother me. But it does bother other people though. A guy mocked the way I run last week. He ran like a crab towards me. I was surprised but eh, I don't have time for childish stuff. It took me years to accept the appearance of my left leg. I was ashamed of it. But I'm fine now. Small matter.

[Image: IMG_0402__zpsl7vs3piy.jpg]

My original goal was to improve my running time. I completed my first marathon within 74 mins. But I decided to slash that goal as I don't want to pressure myself. I'm just going to give my best and continue to challenge myself.

I'm a bit nervous but I'll be okay. I was nervous for my first marathon too.

Best wishes.

Jay

P/S: I passed my driving test with flying colors. I have a driving license now. I can drive manual and automatic but I still prefer to walk.

keep up the good work Jay Smile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

keep going jay!

Thanks guys.

The marathon will be held on next Sunday. I just hope my left leg will be okay for a run next week.

This marathon will probably be my last or second last marathon (If I join Viper marathon in December). As much as I love to run, I'm a bit worry to risk my left leg for long distance run continuously.

Although my plan is not fully confirmed, that's the plan that I have in mind.

If it does happen then I will be focusing on other sports mainly wall climbing. I do wall climbing but I'm not an active climber. A friend of mine invited me to join Aikido (martial art) so we will see.

Anyway best wishes.