Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Sister in law
Thanks all!! I know it sounds petty especially since none of this is happening to me and I know that I can't alter the situation I just get frustrated sometimes... XD

I had a Sister in Law just like yours, maybe their related? But, the bottom line was, I kept my mouth shut most of the time, and when I did say something it usually went over her head. I did it because I'm crazy about my Brother and my Nephews.

My siblings and I had this postcard (that I supplied, but they embraced). It pictured a cartoon farm animal, think pink, looking at a man, who was standing by a barbeque wearing a chief's hat with a very large barbeque fork in his hand - it said " every barbeque has it's winners and looser".

At a family dinner we all told her how funny we thought it was, so she ask if she could have it. Imagine our surprise; stayed on her kitchen wall for years. Each and every time one of us went over it would give us the strength to keep our mouths shut, as well as being an instant stress reliever - because we knew she would eventually loose - with my Brother.

Guess what - she's no long in the house, as they say, and she took the post card with her!

OlderButWiser Wrote:Seems to me you only have three choices:

1. Respect your brothers decision to marry her and but out.
2. Have a heartfelt 1-2-1 with your brother and try to get to the bottom of whats really holding them together.
3. Stay away from family reunions if she is winding you up so much.

JMV

ObW
X

She sounds like a absolutely horrible person. Any partner who crushes the dreams of the other's is just thoughtless and in my opinion, just does not understand what marriage is all about.

If your brother does love her and wants to stay with her though, I'm not sure there's much that you can do.

True True, I feel like the most annoying part is I can't tell her what I think about her. One because she is excellent at playing the victim card and two I know it would certainly mess up my relationship with my brother. He knows 100% how I feel about her but I've never actually vocalized it to him or her.