Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Sisters surprise.
dfiant Wrote:I know, and same goes for most poisonous/venomous creatures in the animal kingdom. Look at the Dart Frog, Scorpian and Lion Fish, even the Blue Ringed Octopus. All stunning creatures to look at, perhaps that is how they attract their prey.

i think the pretty colors are warnings for other animals to say that they're poisonous , so eating them would be a terrible idea ~

me being me if i saw it id think it was a slow worm and try to pick it up doing a steve irwin lol

I went to the bathroom last night and it thought I heard light rain, but then realised it was a snake crawling over the ceiling, in the roof cavity! From the noise I could tell it was big, so it must be a carpet python. My dog had earlier given warning barks, as had the dog next door.

I spoke to the neighbour this morning and told her there were snakes about. I really debated whether or not to mention it as she is English and her husband is a Kiwi, and both have not lived here long. I didn't want to scare them, but as they have a toddler, I decided I should let her know.
She connected it with her dog's strange behaviour, but it freaked her out so much, I now wish I'd shut up!

Snake update.
2 days ago I heard water running, look up and saw brownish water streaming down from the window architrave to the carpet. I realised it was a snake, which was in the roof cavity.
Today I found 2 more skins on the veranda, and if that wasn't bad enough, I just found another snake skin, inisde the house, coiled around a dining chair!
I looked under furniture and beds, so for my peace of mind I have to believe it made its way back outside. Snake
I put pics of them on profile.