Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Sisters surprise.
I wonder why the toxic snakes always look so pretty, with nice patterns and colors...

omg I would take an heart attack if I suddenly saw a snake near my feet! In Italy we haven't poisonous snakes ("luckily" from my point of view) but sometimes when I go walking in the forest I hear them snaking and so I get very scared XD

Aw it's so cute that's why I love Australia

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I wonder why the toxic snakes always look so pretty, with nice patterns and colors...

I know, and same goes for most poisonous/venomous creatures in the animal kingdom. Look at the Dart Frog, Scorpian and Lion Fish, even the Blue Ringed Octopus. All stunning creatures to look at, perhaps that is how they attract their prey.

I was never scared of the brown snakes when living in Newcastle as we had a heap of Kookaburras in the area ,until I was mowing the lawn near the wood pile , the thing was so pissed off it chased me.
I left the mower and ran for it as I jumped on to the back steps Banjo ( cattle dog)caught it in mid air.

When I took of my work boots there were distinct bite marks where the metal heel guard was.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I wonder why the toxic snakes always look so pretty, with nice patterns and colors...

Maybe that's because in nature, bright colors and sharp patterns mean "danger"?

Rainbowmum Wrote:I was never scared of the brown snakes when living in Newcastle as we had a heap of Kookaburras in the area ,until I was mowing the lawn near the wood pile , the thing was so pissed off it chased me.
I left the mower and ran for it as I jumped on to the back steps Banjo ( cattle dog)caught it in mid air.

When I took of my work boots there were distinct bite marks where the metal heel guard was.

We had a 'placid and timid' red bellied black do that to us once when we were on a bushwalk to our hang-out cave when we were all about 11-12 years old. Had a hood almost like a cobra as well.

We used to get a lot of whip snakes in our yard too, they are fiesty little buggers, and while not venomous they can leave you with a nasty infection if they bite you.

Really a red belly . it must be the vibration of the mower that pisses them off and makes them aggressive.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Really a red belly . it must be the vibration of the mower that pisses them off and makes them aggressive.

Yeah, the only time of hundreds of encounters with the Red Bellied. We were taughts to stop in our tracks and stand still if we saw any snake and just let them pass by or retreat, and that is just what we did....for a few seconds.

I am scared of snakes.