Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bf is getting HIV from me
6 years ago, I purchased a home test kit from Wallgreens and had my one and only false positive. When I called in to get the results and was told I tested positive, the automated system informed me that I needed to go to a doctor or HIV Clinic and get retested. I did, and discovered that one of my medications for an unrelated illness had caused a false positive. I have never been so relived. My husband is HIV+, so I had a legitimate reason to fear that I had caught the disease (even though we ALWAYS engage in safe sex).
So...
1) Having unprotected sex when one partner is positive for HIV is INCREDIBLY stupid.
2) if you are being honest about your viral load, the it is VERY unlikely (though not impossible) that he contracted the virus from you if he has only acted as a "Top" in your encounters, ESPECIALLY if you are undetectable...
3) There are NO effective "alternative" HIV treatments.

If I were you, I would INSIST that he go with you to the doctor get tested. NO EXCUSES.

Something here just doesn't seem right to me. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that he hasn't slept with anyone else besides yourself? Were you physically present when he received his diagnoses?
Here is what I DO know, for sure: If he got it from you, the doctor can confirm that you both test positive for the same version of the virus. If not, he didn't get it from you.
I hate to even suggest this, but since I have seen it happen with other couples, I am going to mention it-- I have seen men claim that they had contracted the virus from someone only to find out that they didn't even have the virus and we're just trying to use the possibility as a emotional/guilt control on their partner.

GO GET TESTED TOGETHER. ASAP.

~Beaux

PS My ONE false positive? That is ONE in over 70 tests....

max92 Wrote:[MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION] thank you for your answer. Yes my viral load is undetectable. But when we have sex, he doesn't use condom. (He's a top) and the last time that we have sex was a few months ago and then after that he went to the clinic to get tested. He said that the clinic sent his blood to the lab to verify the test result. I'm not so sure about there process because I think it can be wrong. The symptoms that he has are flu-like feeling, fever but it doesn't last for many days, cold chill, runny nose, and weak. I remeber when I know that I have HIV, I had the worst fever in my life that I had to stay in the hospital for a week and the doctor couldn't find the source of my sickness untill she had me tested for HiV.
Even I can contract the virus by having unprotected sex with him, still the chance is very low right? Since my ciral load is undetectable. I'm so worried right now

Beaux Wrote:6 years ago, I purchased a home test kit from Wallgreens and had my one and only false positive. When I called in to get the results and was told I tested positive, the automated system informed me that I needed to go to a doctor or HIV Clinic and get retested. I did, and discovered that one of my medications for an unrelated illness had caused a false positive. I have never been so relived. My husband is HIV+, so I had a legitimate reason to fear that I had caught the disease (even though we ALWAYS engage in safe sex).
So...
1) Having unprotected sex when one partner is positive for HIV is INCREDIBLY stupid.
2) if you are being honest about your viral load, the it is VERY unlikely (though not impossible) that he contracted the virus from you if he has only acted as a "Top" in your encounters, ESPECIALLY if you are undetectable...
3) There are NO effective "alternative" HIV treatments.

If I were you, I would INSIST that he go with you to the doctor get tested. NO EXCUSES.

Something here just doesn't seem right to me. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that he hasn't slept with anyone else besides yourself? Were you physically present when he received his diagnoses?
Here is what I DO know, for sure: If he got it from you, the doctor can confirm that you both test positive for the same version of the virus. If not, he didn't get it from you.
I hate to even suggest this, but since I have seen it happen with other couples, I am going to mention it-- I have seen men claim that they had contracted the virus from someone only to find out that they didn't even have the virus and we're just trying to use the possibility as a emotional/guilt control on their partner.

GO GET TESTED TOGETHER. ASAP.

~Beaux

PS My ONE false positive? That is ONE in over 70 tests....

That is very interesting to me. Thank you for that. I'm quite sure that he didn't sllep with any one else. And I don't think he want to control me either because he has been continually told me that he wanted to break things off with me. But if He got it from me, the doctor will be able to confirm we have the same type of infected virus?

max92 Wrote:That is very interesting to me. Thank you for that. I'm quite sure that he didn't sllep with any one else. And I don't think he want to control me either because he has been continually told me that he wanted to break things off with me. But if He got it from me, the doctor will be able to confirm we have the same type of infected virus?

There are 2 main type of HIV (HIV-1 and HIV-2), HIV-1 is the most common form of the virus. HIV- has 4 sub groups and there are 10 MORE sub-subgroups. So, if he has the same subgroup as you do, then he most probably got it from you.
Once the virus begins to replicate in the body, due to its rapid reproduction rate, there are numerous mutations that occure inside the body. So, if he did has the same subgroups as you, they could test to see if the virus in his system came from you by comparing the occurrence of mutation compared to the mutations (basically). I do not know how expensive a test like that would be, but I know I have read about it being preformed on rape victims who contracted HIV from their attacker as a way to prove guilt or innocence.

I hope everything works out for you! Keep us posted!

~Beaux