Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i really need advice
hello, i really need some advice
i'm 17 and i met this girl who's sane, real and my age (also gay) on a dating website. we've added each other on facebook and we've been talking every day for a few hours. i met her in person on saturday and we've had a lot of fun, but nothing actually happened. it was like spending time with a friend. we're still talking a lot and i'm seeing her again tomorrow. what do i do now? i really like her and want to show her that i'm interested in her, but without pushing too hard or freaking her out. how can i tell if she's interested in me? now it's in a state where it could either become a relationship or remain a friendship. i'm super confused and have no idea what to do. especially because in my community relationships tend to form extremely fast, i see kids making out on the first time they meet each other and they're "together" the next day! i can barely notice it when someone is flirts with me.
when it comes to relationships i have absolutely zero experience. people tend to automatically put me in the "friend zone" and i'm constantly told how "innocent and cute" i am. i really need advice i'm freaking out a bit.

Well you could do what I did with my first boyfriend. Be blunt.

"I like you, lets go on a date"

(Granted that wasn't exactly what I said but still.)

Why not just enjoy the day together and just let things happen naturally rather than force things...the rewards are greater if you are patient Wink

And being friends is bad because......?

I personally want to be friends with my partner - hopefully best friends.

You are 17 you have a good 30 years before you become undatable and unlovable. 47 is the year that your expiration date hits and no one will want you ever again. How do I know? I'm 47 and no one wants me.:biggrin:

She might be wanting to take it slow. She may be feeling exactly like you are, too worried of breaking what she has to push, but wanting everything you want.

You are both teens - thus I doubt either of you have that much real-life experience in the dating arena to know 'what' to do.

What is all this talking you two are doing? What are you talking about that you still don't know where she is at? Cars? Mechanics? Horse races? Spelunking?

If you can talk about a plethora of other topics then why can't you talk about this one?

Try 'rhetorically speaking' - or 'mental exercises' where you bring up the subject of relationships, love, blah as theory and not practice and get some idea of how she theorizes what a relationship should look like, be like and unfold.

Communication is one of the keys to a healthy relationship and you are going to want to be able to talk about everything and anything with your partner. Granted, most relationships end up with a lot of taboo topics that one or both individuals just don't want to talk about - this rarely ends well for the relationship.

she sounds perfect (sane,real,my age) the first 2 are a must Smile///just playing with you - why not take a small romantic gift when you meet next (no idea what though), maybe a little thing like try to her hold her hand if the opportunity arises, if she pulls away then maybe its just friends....but if she holds it then you may be holding your future partner - yay

scoobydoo Wrote:when it comes to relationships i have absolutely zero experience. people tend to automatically put me in the "friend zone" and i'm constantly told how "innocent and cute" i am. i really need advice i'm freaking out a bit.
i can relate to that^^ . when i was trying to be "straight" girls would put me in that area before i open my mouth to say anything. but i get you when ur in it u can't get out, well friends can turn into more had experience there with a friend of mine, but thats rare.
i say what sage said is the best advice be blunt, you know shes gay.