Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bro finds me ladies!
You need to talk to your bro. he will definitely help you out.

Emy Wrote:You need to talk to your bro. he will definitely help you out.

I think that's become a necessity. Other way, he seems never to stop.

RM. you might contact the girl and say quite openly that you are not looking to date right now and that your brother keeps trying to set you up in spite of knowing that. Tell her it is really embarrassing for you because you feel put upon and that you feel that it is not a kind thing for him to do to the girls either. In other words, just be honest. Now this will probably get her riled up and she will probably have a few choice words for your brother, and maybe you, but at least she will not be able to say that she was rudely ignored.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:RM. you might contact the girl and say quite openly that you are not looking to date right now and that your brother keeps trying to set you up in spite of knowing that. Tell her it is really embarrassing for you because you feel put upon and that you feel that it is not a kind thing for him to do to the girls either. In other words, just be honest. Now this will probably get her riled up and she will probably have a few choice words for your brother, and maybe you, but at least she will not be able to say that she was rudely ignored.

That's exactly what I think. I've become rude by not answering her message. and I feel guilty. it's not for sure that it's my brother, it could my sis-in-law too. I never directly complained about my brother searching for girl. but I thought after 4 times, he could maybe understand. I expect too much from his capacity! I dont want to answer her now. she just said ''hello''. and this is really embarressing to me. if she says she's rudely ignored, she's absolutely right. I really rudely ignored her because I'm angry with those stupid things my brother makes.

I can partly relate to your situation. My friends used to set me up with every single girl they met (i'm still in closet, btw). Just making clear that you're not in the mood for being in relationship now, that will come to a halt.
My family, on the other hand, might suspect something, hence never asked why I've never dated anyone or maked attempt to find me a date.

RomanticMan Wrote:I think I might go with this, because I know that he'll just keep doing the same sh*t again and again. Even I'm 23, this is the 4rt time. I know he's not ready to hear, and I'm not ready and not willing to tell so LOL. but I dont know maybe I should tell him.

Only you know if that's a good idea or not. How much you trust your brother or what kind of a person he is. However, if he can make your life harder because of it, maybe you should wait. Your own personal safety comes first. And there is no need for him to know it anyway (it's only in terms of whether you need him to know), it's a private information about you.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

There have been some good suggestions here on how to tell your brother to back off without necessarily coming out. Only you can know when you feel ready and safe to do that. But whatever you do, don't come out in anger. That isn't going to get a favourable response, guaranteed. I understand your frustration with your brother's meddling, but that wouldn't be a good thing to do.

Whatever you decide, you need to do something you haven't so far. TALK to your brother about what he's doing, because like you said, he isn't getting the hint, that's for sure.

Cridders88 Wrote:There have been some good suggestions here on how to tell your brother to back off without necessarily coming out. Only you can know when you feel ready and safe to do that. But whatever you do, don't come out in anger. That isn't going to get a favourable response, guaranteed. I understand your frustration with your brother's meddling, but that wouldn't be a good thing to do.

Whatever you decide, you need to do something you haven't so far. TALK to your brother about what he's doing, because like you said, he isn't getting the hint, that's for sure.

Thanks [MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION]. Especially the last sentences helped a lot. I never tried something new and he doesnt even realize I dont want him to be a matchmaker. and it makes me crazy.

he really still doesnt get the hint. I dont know what I should do him to realize it LOL. Maybe I should suck a banana in front of him LOL. Yesterday, I was extremely angry. and I still feel sorry for not answering that lady. and I never will.

I just dont undertand why people meddle each other. I never tried to hoop someone up, or never asked a private question, but others dont care about it. that even makes me away from him. I just dont even feel like talking to him. He tried this 4 times in 3 years.

Maybe I should wait for myself calming down. I dont wanna regret.

RomanticMan Wrote:Thanks [MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION]. Especially the last sentences helped a lot. I never tried something new and he doesnt even realize I dont want him to be a matchmaker. and it makes me crazy.

he really still doesnt get the hint. I dont know what I should do him to realize it LOL. Maybe I should suck a banana in front of him LOL. Yesterday, I was extremely angry. and I still feel sorry for not answering that lady. and I never will.

I just dont undertand why people meddle each other. I never tried to hoop someone up, or never asked a private question, but others dont care about it. that even makes me away from him. I just dont even feel like talking to him. He tried this 4 times in 3 years.

Maybe I should wait for myself calming down. I dont wanna regret.

4 times in three years? That's a relatively low output for someone who absolutely wants you to start dating a woman... Still, I know how annoyed you are. Just tell your brother to stop meddling or trying to matchmake for you and explain you are not in the mood or too busy for that right now. Concentrating on your career (it's a time consuming job you have) and maybe he'll back off. But expect him or the rest of the family to start it all up again as soon as they see you. They won't be happy till they see you legally wed. As I told you before, there will come a time when you'll just have to bite that bullet.

"Hey man, would you please stop setting me up with different women? I just want to screw around right now, and I'd rather not end up hurting the feelings of your friends or your wife's friends when they realize I'm not ready to settle down."

^^ There you go.