Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cat.
Hardheaded1 Wrote:I understand.

You take the time you need to feel bad and get through it.

Thanks for understanding. I know that everything will pass, but I don't know when.

I have seen death many, many times. Many friends were my grandmother's age. I lost a close friend this week back in my home town. She was in her 90's. I had known her for over three decades.

Her son wouldn't let his wife notify people, so they buried her without any big funeral. She died in a city far from her hometown, so she really wasn't properly remembered.

Yesterday, I ran out of gas on the way to work. While I was walking back home to get a gas can and my truck, I called and arranged to have a floral arrangement put on her church's altar next Sunday in her memory. She would like that very much.

I cried after I had the time to remember all she had done for me, all she had helped me learn in life, but I was not sad she was dead. It was time. I was sad for the times that were long ago now. But I'm glad to be where I am now.

Death is often about us, not them. One of my favorite poems tells me that:

Spring and Fall

to a young child

MÁRGARÉT, áre you gríeving
Over Goldengrove unleaving?
Leáves, líke the things of man, you
With your fresh thoughts care for, can you?
Áh! ás the heart grows older
It will come to such sights colder
By and by, nor spare a sigh
Though worlds of wanwood leafmeal lie;
And yet you wíll weep and know why.
Now no matter, child, the name:
Sórrow’s spríngs áre the same.
Nor mouth had, no nor mind, expressed
What heart heard of, ghost guessed:
It ís the blight man was born for,
It is Margaret you mourn for.

The author, Gerard Manley Hopkins, only lived 45 years, but he got it.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:I have seen death many, many times. Many friends were my grandmother's age. I lost a close friend this week back in my home town. She was in her 90's. I had known her for over three decades.

Her son wouldn't let his wife notify people, so they buried her without any big funeral. She died in a city far from her hometown, so she really wasn't properly remembered.

Yesterday, I ran out of gas on the way to work. While I was walking back home to get a gas can and my truck, I called and arranged to have a floral arrangement put on her church's altar next Sunday in her memory. She would like that very much.

I cried after I had the time to remember all she had done for me, all she had helped me learn in life, but I was not sad she was dead. It was time. I was sad for the times that were long ago now. But I'm glad to be where I am now.

Death is often about us, not them. One of my favorite poems tells me that:

Spring and Fall

to a young child

MÁRGARÉT, áre you gríeving
Over Goldengrove unleaving?
Leáves, líke the things of man, you
With your fresh thoughts care for, can you?
Áh! ás the heart grows older
It will come to such sights colder
By and by, nor spare a sigh
Though worlds of wanwood leafmeal lie;
And yet you wíll weep and know why.
Now no matter, child, the name:
Sórrow’s spríngs áre the same.
Nor mouth had, no nor mind, expressed
What heart heard of, ghost guessed:
It ís the blight man was born for,
It is Margaret you mourn for.

The author, Gerard Manley Hopkins, only lived 45 years, but he got it.

Yes people abandon us. It is sad. But on the other hand to live life and to see many this happiness.
At advanced age there is the charm. You managed to see that I will never see. You saw many people, you saw changes of life, you have many memoirs.
Now other time. Life became simpler, but is more monotonous. Occurs nothing. People observe a distance. Sadly that your friends abandon you, but they were relatives. I have no such friends who will be able to buy for me flowers when my time comes.
Verse beautiful.

to Hardheaded1
Yes people abandon us. It is sad. But on the other hand to live life and to see many this happiness.
At advanced age there is the charm. You managed to see that I will never see. You saw many people, you saw changes of life, you have many memoirs.
Now other time. Life became simpler, but is more monotonous. Occurs nothing. People observe a distance. Sadly that your friends abandon you, but they were relatives. I have no such friends who will be able to buy for me flowers when my time comes.
Verse beautiful.

You likely have decades to make many friends.

I am but one of my late Frances' many friends. Lots of them died before her, but I know many people in her congregation will smile at the memorial and remember the joy she was. Funny, quirky, and a busybody she was, but very loving and loved.

to Hardheaded1
There is no confidence, that time plays a role, other time, other people.

Sorry. I was looking at a cute Russian guy's pic on the forum.

What were you saying?

Hi Vizor.

21 years is very very old for a cat. But that does not make you feel better about it. I understand how you feel. I was 20 and away from home in 2007 when my parents called to say my dog had died. He had been with me since I was five. I still think of him every day.

Let me show you simple things about Gayspeak. I see that you and Hardheaded1 had a long conversation. If you want to make sure the person you are answering sees your message write their name lie this >>> [MENTION=22432]Vizor[/MENTION] and they will have a notice in their email and on their GS profile page. You will see your notices in your mail and profile page now.

As for having no one to share Valentines Day with -- do not be so sad about it. That will happen in time and the memories of Valentines Days in the past will make you appreciate him much more.

if the vet put it down, it was probably the right thing to do. they don't simply put it down because it is old, they put it down when it is also no longer living as quality life as to cause other issues/suffering for the animal. they do what's in the best interest of the animal.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:Sorry. I was looking at a cute Russian guy's pic on the forum.

What were you saying?

I not always optimist.