Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My coming out
It's funny I'm going to talk about something so personal on a forum where I have only just registered and have no acquaintances but I guess many on here have gone through this so this is what makes a community so special.

That said, a few days ago my life finally changed. I live in a very conservative land, where the Church has a major role in people's lives, where religion dictates the most common "moral behaviour", so you may easily guess why homosexuality is still a taboo around here.

It took me a lot of time to accept and clear myself of all doubts about my sexuality. It somehow kept me from being who I am, someone with a cheerful personality and an adventurous/resourceful soul, hidden behind a strong veil of shyness. It wasn't easy at all during all that time, I always stayed by myself, not wanting to meet anyone except my closest friends for the occasional hanging out. I'm 26 and still a student at my local university.

After all this thinking and dwelling on, I simply realized it was so stupid of me to put a brake on my own life. That bubble I had been living in HAD to burst.

A few days ago, I decided to come out to my two special friends. I had made such a big deal about it, trembling with emotion and fear but when I finally said those two words, it was like a huge weight had been lifted off me. Their reaction was so wonderfully sweet, they tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible and afterwards we started talking about men (they are two girls).

I don't know how my life is gonna be, at least I know I can finally be myself.

Congratulations Rob! I did the same thing last December. I had the same reaction after the trembling and fear. Glad you have such good friends!!

Much congrats my friend...

I can relate with you very well, my country is very much like ye old Catholic Italia...off course for us that is a nasty legacy of Spanish colonialism...

We don't even have a proper divorce procedure nor law because of the Catholic church influence...forget talking about abortion for raped women or LGBT rights..

I don't now you, but I'm proud of you...I admire you for having the courage to be out to your friends..you can only be happy from now on...

the best of luck to you Confusedmile:

Congrats! That is great that you have someone to share things with. It's never easy to keep things to yourself.

Thanks for the support, much obliged! I'm ready to push my life finally further, even though I have to finish my Uni course here, I need to get as far away as possible from this crappy place!

Still, I wish I'd had this kind of strength earlier in time... It would have spared me a lot of suffering and time-wasting!

Congratulations! It sounds like you have good taste in friends. Despite the real horror stories you hear about, I still believe most people these days will be accepting and supportive when you come out.

Update: I came out to my parents this morning through a letter. My mom was totally supportive, my dad was too, in his own way (he doesn't talk much). Good!

Rob Wrote:Update: I came out to my parents this morning through a letter. My mom was totally supportive, my dad was too, in his own way (he doesn't talk much). Good!

Congratulations Rob!

I'm glad to hear good new!!!
:3

Rob Wrote:Update: I came out to my parents this morning through a letter. My mom was totally supportive, my dad was too, in his own way (he doesn't talk much). Good!

Many congrats, sir. You're courage was rewarded.

Glad to hear you have a good and caring family...

Now go out there and be happy Confusedmile:

That is awesome! Congrats