Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My father.........
Being a vet, I can understand the turmoil inside the mind, the old saying war is hell is true, it took me 6 years and help from the veitnam veterans of america to put it behind me. That said look after yourself first, if you are the only one that can take him to va, please bite the bullet, while he is their and you are waiting see what other help may be available to help his attitude, wish I could do more, just my two cents, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Hi Anon,
I agree with all the above, I just wanted to give you a heads up on family gossip.
By the time the gossip arrives at your ears , it has been exaggerated tenfold.
Not intentionally but it has., take it with a grain of salt.

As a vet your father has seen horrors and the worst of mankind.
Those things change a man , they close him up emotionally, they make him seem tough an cold.
Don't be to quick in setting judgment upon him.

Just let it go , do not confront him, do not destroy the mended bridge with a rumor.
Bighug

If you get a chance listen to the words of this song, it might help you understand, were his youth went and why he is so closed up.

Redgum - I Was Only 19

Im going to let sleeping dogs lie right now. He has not said any thing mean spirited to ME about my sexuality. I am starting to realize making a mountain out of a mole hill when he is being civil towards me would only complicate matters worst. It is what it is.............gotta pick your battlesWinkWink

BTW my father was a mechanic in the USA Army during peace time. He was stationed in Germany. His upbringing has allot more to do with him being emotional distant and uncomfortable around me than his service to his country does. None the less I am going to look towards the future and not worry about it to much.Confusedmile:

That's the most relieved thing I hear. Confusedmile:

You know, if u have something w your father, tell us. I'll be glad to hear it and we will discuss it out :biggrin: