Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My favorite fictional females
What are your favorite fictional female characters? List six of them, they can be from books, movies, etc. as long as they are fictional ones.

In random order:

Aeryn Sun (Farscape)
[Image: aeryn_sun_by_midknightstarr-d4vvm8b.png]

Morticia (by Charles Addams)
[Image: ts-morticia.jpg]

Lumikuningatar (The Snow Queen, from Finnish movie version)
[Image: lumikuningatar1.JPG]

Ellen Ripley (Alien movies)
[Image: ellen_ripley_8.jpg]

Maleficent (The Disney version)
When I was a child, I wanted to be her, I loved her style and that she could turn herself into a dragon
[Image: Maleficent_by_chill07.jpg]

Alice (Resident Evil)
[Image: alice_resident_evil_wallpaper.jpg]

Lil DeVille and Angelica Pickles.

I have a very long list... I need to think about the top 6FFF (why 6? Strange number... XD)

sillyboy86 Wrote:I have a very long list... I need to think about the top 6FFF (why 6? Strange number... XD)

Just a random number xD
You can always add more than six Smile

clarice starling
nancy thompson
mother abigail

Mandy from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Dr. Temperance Brennan from Bones
Meg Griffin from Family Guy
Dr. Beverly Crusher from Star Trek: Next Generation
the Night Mother from The Elder Scrolls series
and Eris the Greek goddess of chaos, discord, and strife.

Alex Vause, OITNB

Lera fuckin heartless killer croft goddamnit.

Just off the top of my head...

Kim Possible as the character has just made me laugh so much.

Hermione Granger for being so brilliant and who grows more complicated every year as she should.

Arcadia from Second Foundation (Isaac Asimov) as she was such a believable teen while also being brilliant and destined for history (as an adult which was shaped by her experiences on the run as a teen).

While less believable (yet plausible) was Rynn Jacobs from The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane. She was so incredibly inspiring to me as a teenager myself that when I ran away from home and assumed an alias I took her first name as my new middle.

And similarly, the survivor Astrid Magnussen from White Oleander (one of THE most brilliant books IMO, and the movie isn't bad either though nowhere as comparable).

And finally, Death, because she's so awesome. Death as a perky goth is brilliant and how I symbolically imagine death.

And I simply must add many of the main female (and male) characters in Buffy, Angel, and Firefly (by Joss Whedon). I couldn't decide who's my favorite but overall I love how strong he makes women without (usually) going overboard about it, and like the men they (usually) balance that which makes them strong and that which makes them vulnerable (at least they try) which makes them compelling to me.

I was going to mention Death dammit.

Death, from the Gaiman universe.

Coach Beaste from Glee.

Hoover from Little Miss Sunshine.

Hot Lips Hoolihan from the movie version of Mash.

Both of the aunts in Practical Magic. That counts as two.