Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first crush leaving
I just found out that my crush could be potentially leaving the place that I work at. I'm not a 100% sure, but if it so happens, what should I do. I'm pretty sure he is a gay judging from his Facebook and his support for LGBT or hes just very supportive. Its like I don't want him to leave without him knowing I have feelings for him, but I don't want to like freak him out or anything. Whats the right thing to do. My heart tells me I should tell him but my brain is telling me to move on. So conflicted and very sad =(

So he is moving to the Moon or someplace equally distant?

If yes then drop it. If he is just going to another job and will remain in the same town, then now may be a better time since this will not end up being an 'office romance'.

Hrmmm... I found myself in a similar situation not long ago and I still don't know how to handle it. I understand your desire to tell him and I also understand your fear of him getting freaked out. It is a hard situation... But like Bowyn Aerrow said, if it's not super far away then maybe you should tell. But yeah, it's a tough one.

I know I sound pathetic, but having a crush on him has really helped with my self acceptance. I have struggled with accepting the fact of who I really am, and liking him made me not care what other people think. I was damn proud to be like "hey everyone I'm gay and I really like this guy." I just want to tell him ,if he is permanently leaving, I really like you and maybe we can get a coffee or get a bite to eat or something. If he declines I'm at peace with it, I'll be able to move on if I share my feelings.

You don't sound pathetic at all. I think you should tell him. Because if you don't there always be that what if...
Invite him for a coffee. You don't have to start with mentioning your crush. Tell him that you had noticed how supportive he was and that it really helped you in tough times and that you want to thank him for it. You will see. Good luck! Smile