Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first date, but...
I had my first date on Sunday. I'm sort of late posting this, but I think it's still valid.

It went pretty well. We watched Fast Five and kissed a couple times in between. I didn't really follow the storyline in the movie anyway, so it's not like I missed anything. I met him off of Craigslist, and he seemed like a good guy. He looked my type, and he was pretty sweet so we went out and watched a movie. When we met, I noticed he was a bit more femme than I expected. At first, it didn't show much, but then halfway through the date, it came out full force. I'm not against being friends with femme's at all, just not my type in terms of who I want to be with in a relationship.

Anyways, I think the kisses were primarily hormone-driven as well since I've been wanting to try kissing for a while. I feel bad now because I feel like I've been leading him on, but I still want to keep looking to see if I find another guy I'm more into. I've told him that I feel that I should experiment more with other guys before committing to a relationship, otherwise I see myself being dishonest to my partner down the road. He's been persistent, though, and I still owe him for buying my ticket (they took cash only, and all I had was a Visa...). I told him it'd be cool to be friends, but if I take him out somewhere to make up for my ticket, I think he's going to assume I'm interested. Should I just pay him back through PayPal or something? lol :confused:

Suggestions, advice please? Cool

- Nate

You don't have to take him out, just give him the money you owe him and wish him luck.

You can try being friends. I rushed into something post a break-up and kissed a guy that I realize I didn't really like, I just wanted to be friends. But I was honest about how I felt, and he was open to still being friends. Some people might not be. But we did hang more over the fall, though then did kind of drift apart. Point is that it can depend on the guy, some will be too hurt that they'd rather just cut off "What I'm not good enough for you?" type thoughts, and others will realize that everyone gets confused about what they want and respect maybe friends is better than dating for you too. Just don't hang out with him, kiss him again, then say you're still looking. Now some people do have friends with benefits, but you do want to make sure it's not leading someone on, and if you don't feel that way for him it's best to just avoid more-than-friends stuff while you look around.