Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first relationship!
Hey ladies and gentlemen Smile

So about 6 weeks ago I met this guy on an online dating platform.
We started by exchanging long messages, sharing about ourselves and I discovered we have a lot of common interests.
He has been a very good listener who co
nstantly gives me encouragements and compliments.
He is also very patient and never pressurized me into sex or an open relationship.
He did however, tell me that he really liked me (without even knowing what I look like. so he's not superficial) and that he hoped after I meet him in person, I'll like him back.
Basically we really clicked and decided to meet up.

I met him face to face Yesterday and we got along really well.
He is really sweet and humorous.
Everything felt really natural, even though I was a bit nervous and he did most of the talking.
It also helps that he is (physically) almost as attractive as his personality and character.

The issue here is that I don't think I 'like' him romantically (yet).
I've never been in love before so I'm not sure if I should try to advance our relationship to the next stage or wait until I develop strong feelings for him.
I feel so fortunate that I've met him and I really don't want to lose him.

We are going on another date the coming weekend.
Should I make a move? Any advice?

Listen to this song if it'll help you to empathize with how I feel Tongue

Hi Blake, you have only meet him face to face once. Get to know him a bit better before you make a move. Carry on having dates and see where things go. Only time will tell if you both like each other. Good luck.
An eye for an eye

Hi Dan, thanks for the prompt reply Smile
I think what you said is very reasonable.
Maybe I should wait until I get to know him better and see whether I develop more romantic feelings.

Blake Wrote:Hi Dan, thanks for the prompt reply Smile
I think what you said is very reasonable.
Maybe I should wait until I get to know him better and see whether I develop more romantic feelings.

That's the best thing to do. If you don't have feelings for him, you have made a friend.
An eye for an eye

Hi Blake, Its just normal that you wont feel the romance right away. I guess its just an infatuation if you love someone already that easy. I only had 1 serious relationship for nearly 4 years and we started ignoring each other, then we became friends. Until we realized we had that chemistry and principles we share in common. I believe time will come you will soon feel that if you'll get to know him on a deeper level. There must be some conversations between you two in the future where you will say "Oh I think this guy is for me" and suddenly, you would want to get intimate with him. If not, then its okay cause like what Dan said, you made a friend. Love is not an instant thing, it is a work in progress.. Good luck to you both!

Well, Blake, first, congrats..

now, you only have just met the guy, not wierd if you have no strong romantics feeling yet..

you should definitely meet up with him more often, do stuff together, getting to know each other well, then, maybe you'll fall for him or who knows, you get a good friend out of it..

just make sure you make it clear to him that you'd rather take things slowly and see how they develope, if that's what you want