Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first teaching faux pas.
Well today I had my first teaching faux pas during the class. Well the class were quite challenging today and I had a major oops moment. A kid told me to fuck off and immediatly without thinking I said "No tom you fuck off." So he stormed out of the classroom and vanished. Then one of the other kids said "Nice one sir I would have told him to fuck off too". Guess I'll never do that again.

Whoops ! A slight slip of the tongue ?
He is out of order to swear at you in the first place so the rest of them are right when they say "Nice one Sir".
Hopefully that will have put him in his place, And I hope also that the outburst has shown the others that if they show you respect then you will show them respect.
Good luck !

Well, that was honest, maybe not appropriate, but it was at least an honest reaction. Smile

He's lucky I'm not his teacher.... It would have been far, far worse. :biggrin:

mrk2010 Wrote:Well today I had my first teaching faux pas during the class. Well the class were quite challenging today and I had a major oops moment. A kid told me to fuck off and immediatly without thinking I said "No tom you fuck off." So he stormed out of the classroom and vanished. Then one of the other kids said "Nice one sir I would have told him to fuck off too". Guess I'll never do that again.

Magic :biggrin: That made me laugh.

my heart goes to you, i know how you must feel. no employer concerns right.

hahahaha...you don't want to know how I would have reacted in those circumstances

Hahahaha Rofl

I have done much worse at S.T.E.C.
Center-link over here decided to send us some drop kicks that dropped out of school and had no idea how to find employment.

Most of them were between 16 and 22 , man did they have an attitude.
They did not want to be there and it showed.
I doubt any of them could complete a sentence without profanity.

By the time I returned home I was in tears, I called up the center-link contact and explained to her what was happening.
That was the best thing I ever did as I was told that if they did not pass this two week course they do not get payed.

So the next day as they sat there glaring at me ,I reached for the printer chord unplugged it and held it up as a trophy , I informed them , that they do not get paid until I print out their certificate.
And considering this course is about giving them skills to find a job, they had better dress up as if I am their employer.

The next day they had a change of heart.

Well done Mum, you handled that perfectly Wink

mrk2010 Wrote:Well today I had my first teaching faux pas during the class. Well the class were quite challenging today and I had a major oops moment. A kid told me to fuck off and immediatly without thinking I said "No tom you fuck off." So he stormed out of the classroom and vanished. Then one of the other kids said "Nice one sir I would have told him to fuck off too". Guess I'll never do that again.

I could NOT do your job without being fired! Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart