Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first youtube video
I finally made a youtube video. My channel is simply Paul Angus. Not a great video but i will try and make my next one better. Please subscribe if you can and please comment in the comment section. Also give me some feedback on here. Thanks.

It's here, right?

I can't watch it because it's private Sad !

No it`s public. That not my channel. It`s just Paul Angus.

FOUND IT Big Grin

It's here!

That`s the one.

Don't wish to be negative PaulUK but you really need to plan ahead before attempting to make a video. Plan what you need to do and plan exactly what you intend to say. That way it will be more coherent. I stuck 45 seconds of it and had to switch off because the "camerawork" made me dizzy.

Paul, I note that you only have 43 posts so far, might I suggest you play some of the word games in the word games forum: http://gayspeak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43 t get those last 7 posts to hit 50, which will give you access to some features of the site such as the ability to post links...

I will look at your video later.

Cheers

...nothing to see here....Smile

I looked at your video...

Around 1:22 min you said 'I don't know what to say...'

There in lies the problem with your video, it is random and aimless.

You talk about getting a shave and a haircut 'next time'... Hmm OK - So I'm going to sit there and piss away 6 minutes of my precious life to hear someone talk about needing a shave?

I take it you have seen other videos of this sort, and know what this sort of video soul stealing machine is supposed to be used for (other than stealing a chunk of your soul) and have a desire to put something worth watching. No?

Yes? Then I suggest doing it like one of the Large Hollywood Studios, get a writer, a director, Producer, Actor(s), stunt double, wardrobe and make-up person, camera man and don't forget the gaffer...:biggrin:

Writer: Now you don't have to have a hard script, but this is sort of like giving a speech. In public speaking one writes a speech, then stands in front of a mirror reading off the script while trying to engage the audiences attention with facial expressions and hand movements.

On camera, when a speech is given there is either a teleprompter which rolls off the whole speech, or cue cards which have the whole speech, or have key topics. Cliff notes that list the highlights of the speech and the talker uses that to guide their 'conversation'.

Might I suggest that you wrote down a list of no more than ten key talking points and build up on those? If its a problem with recall of your talking points, you can right down the list and tape it to the wall or something BEHIND the camera.

Camera Man: While its nice you have us a look see out the window to see what the weather is like, unfortunately the camera you have is not well adapted to moving it sort of pixelated and had a delay on filtering out the sunlight. I would suggest either a much better camera or to decide on a background for your 'speech'.

If you have anyone who wants to help in this and you need to move around, then have them help. If you do not need to have the camera moving around, then take time to set up the distance and angle of attack that will focus the camera on the 'stage' that you are setting.

Stage: Apparently you live in a typical flat in a typical suburb in a typical town in a typical...
All white room - nice.. not really. You may want to say hang a colored (solid color) sheet or blanket over those closet doors to contrast all of that white. you have a picture (a tiny picture) hanging on the side wall - Actually when I got bored with your stumbling around I started staring at that wondering 'what is that of?'

Wardrobe and Make-up:

If you feel you need a trim and a comb and a shave, then by all means get that done before you get on stage. If you don't like the clothing you are wearing, then select something that you feel looks good on you.

Props: Near the end of your video you start showing us your DVD collection. Ok. You do know that a lot of those CD covers are difficult to read when one has the video player minimized. Perhaps if you printed up sheets of paper of the DVD cover, or if you know how to do it, use editing software to 'switch to' the CD/DVD Cover art within the 'movie'

Personally I never watch these sorts of videos. I find them all pretty mediocore and a 'waste' of my time because too many people are uncertain why they are on the stage and what it is they are supposed to to and its embarrassing for them, embarrassing for me. There have been a few really good ones, and I do not believe that the person is 'naturally' that well put together to randomly produce their video. I strongly suspect that they do a bit of research, writing, prop placement, stage dressing, and of course make-up and wardrobe before they make the video - and I also think that they may have basic editing software or make the video over and over again until its fine tuned and presentable.

That is the real magic of movie making - its all rather boring.

Damn BA, you make me nervus! Lol

And why is everyone tryna steal my thunda! Jk Rofl