Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My friend really hurt me and broke my heart
The problem here (to my mind. Is primarily Facebook. I hate that site.Mark Zuckerberg is always waxing poetic about "sharing", this is all so you give them as much info about yourself for them to sell to the highest bidder. Furthermore I don't even find that Facebook allows me to express myself that well anyway.
That guy is probably the male version of this girl I know, she's always on Facebook cataloging what she ate that day or something equally mindless, she has thousands of friends, but is too busy on Facebook to really do anything. That's why I only use Facebook to keep in touch with friends abroad, friends that I have spent a good amount of time with in the flesh.

I personally think there is something wrong with people who have too many friends on facebook…
Anyhow, if he is a guy that doesn’t get your jokes and drops you because of one incident, then I don’t think he would be a good friend in the long run.
But if you still want to reconnect with him, give it some time, let the whole incident blow over, and then e-mail him again 

Just to clarify, it wasn't him that got offended by my joke. It was a friend of his, I was talking to her thru Facebook, I really don't think it was the joke, as it was self-deprecating and in reference to me. Whatever happened first she blocked and de-friended me, then he followed suit.
As for his popularity, I only have Facebook to gauge it, though he has 6,000 "friends", he only talks to about 20.
I got to know him through our Emails and I REALLY miss him. I know how pathetic I must sound.

Missing someone is never pathetic. Bighug
I wish it worked out, so that you would be happy and I don't mean just today.

Give him some time , he may have overreacted , or felt pressured into dropping you.
You are not pathetic sweetie.

Bighug