Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My future scares me
partis Wrote:Last week a woman looked at me to see if i looked old enough to buy "the hobbit"

But then she realised it was rated 12 not 18… some people just refuse to believe im 30
Same thing here...
In London sometimes I was asked for my ID or "do you have the legal age to do/buy ******?" and I was always answering smiling like "Eheheh yes, for sure, since a long time / I'm sure I'm older than you, guy..." before showing my ID...

partis Wrote:And the law is to buy alcohol you have to be 18 but look 25! (Unless you have ID)
I thought was 21 in the UK, but who cares, I'm definitely older than 21 or 18... LOL.
But in London I have friends/colleagues younger so sometimes I forgot that they cannot do this or that...

Valet, I believe I understand your position as I will turn 31 next week. I already had my share of age crisis.

My best friend is 22. All my gym friends are in the range of 18 to 24. All of them thought I am around 24-25 because I look very young for my age. It's a compliment but it does make things awkward for me as I am aware of my real age.

Last Feb, my best friend held his birthday dinner in a restaurant. He invited 5 friends and me to the dinner.

I was eating quietly when suddenly a topic about age erupted. My best friend pointed out that I am 30. One of his close friends who is 18 suddenly raised his voice, "30? You are old!"

Thanks. I'm aware of my age.

Two friends including my best friend tried to do a damage control afterward by saying I look like 25. Sheesh.

After that incident, I wasn't comfortable to go out with my best friend and other gym friends for almost a month plus.

Then I figured it out.

30 is the prime age. I actually look and feel better than I was 10 years ago. I was morbid obese 10 years ago. Now I am a fit and healthy man. So I shouldn't see 30 as the starting point of being old. Being old only exists in your mentality.

Don't think poorly about your age. You are getting wiser and more mature as years passing by. Feeling old? Again, that is all within your mentality.

Jay Wrote:I believe I One of his close friends who is 18 suddenly raised his voice, "30? You are old!"

How dare he, thats just rude & not true, i wouldve thrown something at him!

sillyboy86 Wrote:I thought was 21 in the UK

No its 18 (but look 25) just checked to make sure, i always say i need to get ID but never do! ^^,

Oh the old licensing laws! I remember I used to work in a petrol station in the north of England in 2009 and I used to get so much shit off customers when I had to refuse them because they looked under 25 even though they were clearly 18+. Problem is in the UK kids look a damn lot older than their actual age these days. so yeah good old British bureaucracy tries to sort out the problem by introducing bizarre laws like this one!

Anyway back to the main point, we're all going to age Valet. It's hard I know and I hate the thought too but its inevitable unfortunately. I am nearly 30 and am not looking forward to reaching that age. Having said that I've come across a lot of 30+ guys who look fucking sexy and I mean really hot and a lot younger than their actual age so you might still look younger for a few years yet.

Exercise and a good diet help a damn lot as well. But eventually you will age as we all do. But I would see it as an opportunity - with age comes wisdom and experience. That experience can be a good thing if done properly but if you worry about this too much it will damage your life experience and your mental well being if that makes sense?

Point is I would not let this get to you. Do you and this friend have something special going on may I ask? If so I wouldn't worry, if he really cares for you he won't leave or go anywhere even if there is a bit of an age gap.

To quote from a cheesy French pop song by TAL, eventually you will find 'Le Sens de la Vie'. I mean I know I can talk a bit, I have mild depression mostly caused by the stress of commuting and urban life in general but I know I have people who care for me and at the end of the day that is what's important - your spritual well being not your physical appearance (though physical health is still important).

Anyway I wouldn't worry, you probably look great the way you are Smile

And as for plastic surgery - avoid it like the plague!! Seriously I wouldn't go for that unless you get involved in a serious accident and it becomes a medical requirement to get your face back to normal (or as close to 'normal' as possible).

Beauty products are okay in moderation but I would have ethical objections - some of them have been tested on animals so I would avoid those in my case. Plus they can be damned expensive!

Today i had conversation with my friend. He tried to explain me that i have no physical flaws. He said that i'm paranoid and if i think that his
sympathy is not enough evidence that i'm alright it means that i'm a madman.

I'm tired of it. F- it.i don't even mind to look like Freddy
Kruger - at least he has a nice hat. time to be happy ...i'm tired to be gloomy and miserable