Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My future scares me
Dont take that advice valet ^

I kinda know how you feel, ive felt similiar things but then complete opposite, want to be nothing and not care, i wouldnt care if i was had other things and dont worry valet cause then you look older! ^^,

We all are aging toward death.

I find spending time working to enrich the lives of the elderly a GREAT boost to my sense of my own age. There are SO many older, aging folk who don't get the social interaction and stimulation they once did and it just contributes to their "sense of demise". Whenever they get visits and small gifts of time and attention it brightens their whole beings and lives.

When you are caught up in a pattern of self worry, loathing and even hatred, getting OUT OF YOURSELF and into others is always a great way to weather the storm of the mood swing. Remybussi And I TOTALLY agree with the suggestion of female points of view on aging and turning to that wealth of experience to feel better. Having a little consultation at a spa for some self nurturing can help too. Go, if you dare, to the department store's cosmetic section where attendants offer beauty and aging advice and ask straight out what suggestions they have for a man! Hope you feel much better soon! Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Vanity will get you nowhere. As you are finding out age happens, life happens and there is no stopping it. you either accept it, or you start expending an extraordinary amount of time and money on facials and gels and hair dyes and plastic surgery and injections and crap trying to fight off what is everyone's destiny... well everyone who doesn't die young and leave behind a beautiful corpse.

Honestly I don't see this aging thing as a woman's problem and your stating you have a woman's psychology seems to be singling out the females of the species and saying that they are all vain and into self image and that the males of the species are somehow immune to all of that.

YOU are going to get old- either accept it or kill yourself - there really is not athird option here.... IDK, maybe medical science will stumble upon the fountain of youth sooner than later... its not like millions of brilliant minds aren't obsessed about making humans even more unnatural then they already are.

Hell...I think I look better today than I ever did the rest of my life and I am going to be 57 soon. I love every wrinkle I have....and my receding hairline.

I had guys tell me they liked the way I looked all the time when I was younger but it didn't matter because I didn't like myself very much.

Liking who I am today makes all the difference in my own self image.

In the end...it really only matters who you are...not what you look like.

If you can...focus on that. It matters.

Valet Wrote:What am i must supposed to do.

You are not supposed to do anything. You can't do anything.

Aging happens. You either come to terms with it or you don't.

What usually happens, or so I've seen in people growing older, is that they, for the most part, accept it. Some will take longer, some, less time, but it will happen for you too.

All this worrying now, will soon be behind you.

As I got older I put more emphasis on the beauty in my perception of things instead of their physical appearance. I didn't do it intentionally it just happened.

It took longer than it should have but it is something I want for everyone.

First you're only 31... In roughly 5 years you will be only 35, and in 10 you will be 40. 40 are the new 20 XD even if this is not a goo thing. You will be 35 like everyone of your friends etc.

What I can say is, you're not able to accept aging (gosh, this term sounds very wrong for young people like us) maybe you need a professional advice to help you to accept this thing and be more comfortable.
You need to use 'your age' as a strength, or at least care less about it.

Last week a woman looked at me to see if i looked old enough to buy "the hobbit"

But then she realised it was rated 12 not 18… some people just refuse to believe im 30

And the law is to buy alcohol you have to be 18 but look 25! (Unless you have ID)

I'd say age is basically just numbers, after all. The world seem to worship the youth and everyone should always stay looking like they just turned 20 and I always wonder why. Are we unable to see beauty anywhere else? Why is it so hard to accept that you'll be 30, 35, 40, etc and you can still be attractive?

I had to show my ID until I was 30 and now I have to show my ID to prove I am over 55 (Hey! I want my damn senior discount!). Most people don't think I am over 55...I expect that will change soon enough though.