Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My introduction...
Having regard to my age, I'm not sure that I should be here at all! But looking back I know that I have been gay all my life -- just had to suppress it. The internet has been a revelation to me and I marvel at the modern openness seen on forums like this, and many others. I also marvel at the apparent candid ease with which beautiful young men display their bodies in repose and in action.

I was born in England at a time when to think homosexual was okay, but to act homosexual was the pathway to HM Prison. The consequences of this were predictable and as I lived in a small rural town, inevitable -- keep it all under wraps. As a child and youth, I knew vaguely about homosexuality, but it was a topic about which good, god fearing people did not talk openly. There must have been gay people in my town, but they did not advertise themselves.

It was not until later, much, much later, that I discovered that right under my nose there were places where gay men and boys could be themselves. I also learned through newspaper reports of some of the more notorious cases in the 1950s that frequenting these paces was not without hazard. The constabulary of the day were unsympathetic and not averse to persecuting those who indulged, often acting as agent provocateur.

By the time that homosexuality became legal in most western countries it was too late for me, I was married and had a family. Although in retrospect I believe that I followed this course to meet the expectations of family and friends, I remained in the closet.

Over the last twenty years or so I have been able to visit a club in a city near me, that has as its motto: "What happens in MF, stays in MF. It has been both a revelation and a delight, but who wants an ancient body?

I know that society still has along way to go, but I am encouraged that websites such as this, and many others, exist to offer support and advice to all, and especially to boys who remain isolated as I was all those years ago.

Thanks for sharing your story with us :-).

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Your words are well received.

Welcome to GS Wavey

welcome to gs

Hi welcome to GS.
An eye for an eye

Eloquent and appreciated! Welcome to GS Smile
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart