Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My lovely turtle <3
Quote:Any boyfriend of mine, who doesn't like turtles, will be sleeping on the couch and Sora will sleep with me in his place

Haha. That made me laugh. Nice pictures by the way.

Medic Wrote:Haha. That made me laugh. Nice pictures by the way.

Lol. I was being serious.....

Mostly.Rolleyes

lol Rofl .

Thanks. They would've been better if her shell was back to it's pretty Green-Brown! This started happening for the first time last year... I probably need to make it warmer and less humid to prevent the growth...Wink

Update; New Addition Smile

Hey guys. I've been working my butt off, and last week Thursday, a little girl came to the Zoo crying, saying her mother wanted to get rid of the turtle, so she wanted to donate it to the Zoo.

But the thing is, the Zoo doesn't accept brought in animals[except for very special circumstances - such as rare or endangered animals] and especially the particular species of turtle she brought[which is the same kind I already own -Sora! :p ] and they usually euthanize the animal, which is in adherence to the law. Especially in regards to Red Ear Slider turtles, because they're invasive and are destroying our local ecosystem.

So my friend & co-worker felt bad for her, so she took the little girl's turtle home and I was going to take it when she left the island[she's applying to a Zoo in england], but her and her girlfriend[yes, she's a big lesbo <3 and I love her lesbo-ness :p] couldn't take care of him fulltime, so she asked me to take him, and so now I have another turtle Smile.

He's about 2-3inches smaller than Sora, shell length, and is already sexually mature and already melanistic[which is kind of odd, since he's not that old]. He has a slight case of a nutrional shell deformity, and actually got fed too much protein, and which is known as Pyramiding or Coning, when the shell grows too fast and spikes upward, which is extremely uncommon in most, to all Sliders.

Anyway, I just introduced him to Sora today, and they seem to have hit it off pretty well. He's extremely docile, as opposed to Sora being overly out-going. So she made the first move :p.

His name is Ted, which is what my Friend/co-worker named him, but I call him Teddy :p.

I moved Trevor and put Ted in his old tank. Very basic right now :p
[Image: IMG_1582.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1583.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1584.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1585.jpg]

This is today's pics. I just introduced them when I got off work.
[Image: IMG_1593.jpg]

Notice the size difference. Although, males are generally smaller anyway.
[Image: IMG_1592.jpg]

My hand was in these shots because, I had to watch for possible aggression, as turtles sometimes don't get along and can seriously injure one another.
[Image: IMG_1594.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1595.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1596.jpg]

~

And that's it for now. They're currently running around outside and Teddy is exploring the yard Smile

Sora's teaching him all the naughty things to do... such as climbing the steps... lol.

Bump

cause I want everyone to see Teddy <3 Loveya

Welcome, Teddy! :biggrin:

Great pictures of the pair, Odi and really sweet of you to take in the little guy.

I have some new pictures of Shelly. I need to sort through them and make a post.

azulai Wrote:Welcome, Teddy! :biggrin:

Great pictures of the pair, Odi and really sweet of you to take in the little guy.

I have some new pictures of Shelly. I need to sort through them and make a post.

<3 tehe.

Thanks Zuzu. Yeah, at the time I was like... I want another turtle and this happens lol. Although, he's still adjusting to the new proper care, so he's still kinda underactive, but soon he'll be as outgoing as Sora >.> , which I hope is a good thing lol.

We just got a 2inch Red Eared Slider turtle thats about 1-2months old and I was like........ MINE! lol. It was so bloody cute and I wanted to keep it. I had to examine it for any infections/deformities[they call me Turtlehugger, cause I love Turtles/Terrapins/Tortoises, plus I'm studying Veterinary Science, so they turn to me when the Veterinarian isn't in lol] and I wanted to just Turtle-nap him <3 .

His little hands and feet.... his cute little face... Argh!! I just love him so much lol. I visit him on my lunch break everyday in his little exhibit in a place called Local Tails within the Zoo, which is mostly for Kids.

Ahem...lol

Yes, Please show us Shelly. Tell him not to worry though, Teddy is just Sora's friend Wink . Who know's Teddy & Shelly might hook up O.o lol.

Loveya

AWE how ADORABLE!!! whats better a fellow turtle lover!

I got two mississippi map turtles names Yoshi Jr and Yami and they are a deeply matched couple, just waiting for the little ones to come into being, because they love to kiss and everything.

Yami is also a secret escape artist, i take them outside to basking in the sunshine and put them into a specially made pen, and she has a method to get out the pen, but the thing is once she is out, she will sit there and wait for me to notice and look at me with the "Ha ha, I ESCAPED!" expression and i put her in, and few moments later there she is doing it again. Rather amusing to see &^.^

Ill have to get some pictures of my little ones to share as well ^^