Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mother!!!
Oh good grief! As if it wasn't bad enough at home with the wife and kids, my mother has decided to chime in on all of this. She keeps texting me saying she wants to talk. Well quite frankly I'm not ready to talk to her about any of this. She is an ultra-conservative Southern Baptist who thinks I can just "pray the gay away. " But not only that, but she has been talking to my kids about all of this and telling them about all the diseases I can get from being gay. This is exactly why I didn't want to tell my parents just yet.

Sorry just had to get something off my chest again. Smile

sorry to hear about this news dude.

You will find your kids will eventually be smart enough not to take Nanna by her word...they have the internet after all Wink

I know they will. And I explained to both of them that I was not going to do anything to put myself in jeopardy. Of course my oldest son, who's 17, understands this a lot better than my youngest, who is 11. It's really hard explaining all of this to my youngest but I keep reaffirming to both of them that 1) I am sorry for putting them through all of this, but more importantly 2) I will always be there for them no matter what.

your mother, children and your self, try t get everyone on the same page:
-i think you need to tell your mother not to put the children between her and you. She needs to talk to you directly. Avoid her and she will continue to scare the 11year old . Have short conversations with her so the topic dosnt get hate full.
-possibly you could work with the 17year old. Encourage him to take a more active role in this both with the younger child and your mother?

both the the 11 and 17year old know a lot more than you give them credit for. They might not feel its their place to step up.

Thanks pel! I text my mom earlier this morning and told her that I would let her know when I'm ready to talk to her.