Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mum just tried to stab me
I'm really sorry you had to go through all that, it sounds incredible stressful and scary. As others have said, I'm glad you got yourself to a safe place where you can calm down and start to think more clearly about your next steps. It does sound like your mom needs support too, especially if you are worried about her attacking others. It's good to document it, a police report makes sense. But in terms of your moms own health and safety, you should talk to your dad or the police about having her evaluated. I hope things go better for you in the coming days.

I cant say much anyone else hasn't, but seriously boss don't go back there. Stay with your dad if you can, if you lose your job so be it sooner or later another will turn up, I'd rather be unemployed than stabbed and emotionally abused.

God I love you guys and this website.

I really needed someone compassionate to talk to and you didn't let me down. It's almost bizzare how much better I feel now. I'm not overwhelmed anymore.

This was without a doubt the finale of a very painful chapter in my life. But now the worst is over and soon I can move on.

Thanks guys.

Wow, sorry you had to go through that. It sounds like she's pretty unstable and a danger to you and possibly herself. Haven't read all the responses but wanted to say I hope you call the police on her/file a report. It has little to do with the incident itself and more to do with her. If she's that unstable to try and stab her son and then threaten to kill him, something is way off there mentally. She needs serious help before she really does harm herself or someone else.

I'd definitely stay far away from her until she's gone through some major counseling or some other form of a serious intervention. Stay safe.

Based on what you said, I think she has a bipolar disorder and immediately needs a psychologists, psychiatrists, guidance counsellors and life coach to help her in her medical condition. Aside from filing a report from the police, your mom also needs these experts assistance because she definitely have this medical condition or has any issues on her own. She needs therapy and counselling for that.

Stay where you are and do your best to calm down. It is important to make a police report because you need strong documentation of what happened. In your report be sure to mention that the cab driver saw and most likely heard at least part of what was going on. Talk the situation through with your dad and consider help from social services for both you and you mother separately. No one should ever be physically threatened by anyone else. Stay safe and take your time in sorting this. Good luck.
I bid NO Trump!

Dang, sorry you went through that. I hope you are able to create a better situation for yourself.

If you can imagine yourself saying to her, "Thank you for opening the door to the next chapter in my life," and really mean it, then you have freed yourself from her illness.

I know what it's like especially with the twisting of seeing it as you as the aggressor. I'm just glad you're out of that environment and I hope you managed to get some rest.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Ok so you're safe and that's what matters.

Mother needs psychological help. She will be a danger to herself and others.

Go to the police and file a report on the incident. My guess is that this is not the first time it's happened, but it needs to be reported!

And you definitely need to stay out of that place.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

That's an appalling situation to have been in and I'm glad to know that you are safe and unharmed.

I can only echo what others have said; that you should make a report to the police and that your mother sound as if she need some serious help for what would appear to be chronic mental condition. What she did was in no way normal.

I'm only sorry that we are only offer moral support from these pages. Take care and keep safe.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams