Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My naughty skype just added everyone from Facebook
don't know how this happened. Haven't been on it for a week, I get on and there everyone is. I'm confused on how this happened, and it appears the people were just added to my contact list and we have not connected yet. I cannot remove them but I can block them individually.

When I click on them it says address book add. What just happened and how do I stop it?

Not that I'm very knowledgeable on these informatics topics, but I'm sure skype can't do anything on it own...could it be that someone has your password? Maybe it's something about the settings? Cause for stuff like adding FB or other mail account contacs, you get asked if you want to, it shouldn't happen without your cliking the yes button
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I'm actually not sure where it connected to. It found a few classmates, my parents, brother, (not sister), and my ex which I have removed from my phone and all other forms of social media. It also had my other skype, I checked that one and no notification about a connection request so I'm sure no one got one

Well...
Oooops..

Considering half the world has seen your "Treats"..

Figure out a clever way how to turn it into a business?

Good luck..

It did this to me with a few of my phone contacts when I signed in on mobile. I was able to remove them, but when I signed on with my laptop, there were two of them back on there. Wouldn't let me remove them so had to block them. They probably won't mind as I haven't spoken to them in several years. But yeah, it's weird that it would do this by default without asking if it's what the end user even wants.

I just shun Skype mobile. Skype on a laptop is sufficient.

Okay, first things first: make sure your skype name is not linked to your facebook, and that your Facebook is disconnected from your Skype name.

On Skype Mobile, go to Settings > then where it says Contacts make sure "Don't use my address book" is selected.

I checked that those were unchecked and had no idea how this happened. I have not gotten any texts about a random skype invite. The names appeared on my surface pro 3, not on my phone. I had to block the names as there was no remove from list option.

There were only about 5 people that were added to my skype, my normal one as well. And as I stated there was no invite from myself, so I'm sure I'm in the clear. This freaked me out when it happened. but thanks for all the responses guys.