Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My neighbor
I too endured sexual abuse at the hands of men when I was a child and youth and, have asked myself the same question - did abuse make me gay?

You know, I'll never know 100% for sure that it wasn't a factor at least but, that doesn't matter. Why I'm gay makes no difference to me. I am and I like me that way so, even if abuse was a factor in my orientation, it's okay.

I was sodomized by the baby sitters son when I was 12. Before then I remember thinking about girls after that I became cock crazy. I feel that boy on boy sex tripped a switch in me making me bi.

Funny how sex abuse by males on children is blamed for turning both boys AND girls gay. Rolleyes

Thank you Elad and Mitch for posting about this. I too was sexually abused by a neighbor boy when I was 6 six. Multiple times actually. I didn't tell my parents about it until I was in my 20's and even then we didn't talk about it. I just admitted it and that I knew it wasn't my fault or theirs for what happened. It felt like there was a great burden lifted getting that secret out into the open and I found it could no longer fester within me.

While I may sound like a broken record here, I also wondered if this made me gay. I hated it at the time and didn't understand what was happening. However, as I got older and sexually matured I found I didn't have the mental blocks my friends had. Sure I liked girls, but why stop there? Boys were just as much an option.

My interest in women subsided pretty quickly as I continued to mature. I used to consider myself Bi, but now thinking of female parts just doesn't interest me in the slightest. (Sorry ladies on this site. I'm sure it's awesome. I'll just have to take your word for it.) For me being a gay man is like tasting the forbidden fruit. There is just no going back.

elad12 Wrote:When I was around 4 we got new neighbors. One of them was about 14 or 15. He sexually abused me in our backyard for the next 3 or 4 years until his family moved away when I was 8. I quit talking when I was 5 and was sent to speech therapy for a couple years. They never found out what was really wrong and then when I was in second grade (after my neighbors moved) I slowly started to talk again. I never mentioned this to anyone until 30 years after the abuse ended. I used to wonder if he was the reason that I was gay but I really don't believe that at all. He was wasn't gay. He was a creepy pedophile.

Well, hopefully this creep is in prison.....getting as many "boyfriends" as he can handle!!!

I may be a lot of things, but I do NOT accept any reaon for someone forcing themselves onto another person...not matter what age!!!! Makes my blood boil!

The ONLY defective people out there are the ones who force themselves onto others. And like cancerous cells, they need to be cut out.

This topic so hits home. All I can say is that for me personally, my abuse seemed to be what got the ball rolling, so to speak. But, I still think it's a genetic predetermined type thing

Mitch Wrote:I blame my family for all that has happened to me, because they didn't raise me to be outspoken, rather be a person that just bears everything that comes upon him, I have changed although after so many hardships.

Thank you for pointing that out, Mitch.

Gooosh! That's pretty creepy and so sad! You're so brave ! And strong too buddy Smile , you find a way to move on in your life even though those tragic moments, and i don't think that that's the reason of your sexuallity , most of all the responses were right explaining this theme.

I'm so sorry that happened to you Sad