Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new doogie Bella
Hello! I am still in the introduction stage so forgive me........but I wanted to tell you about my girlfriend. Her name is Bella and she is a chihauhau mix. Not sure what she is mixed with and to tell you the truth she doesn't look like a chihauhau at all. People have told me she looks more like a dashound or whippet (sp?). Anyway, she is the love of my life :-)

I got Bella out of the shelter about 6 weeks ago. The sign on her gate said she had been there for 2 months. I couldn't believe a girl so cute and adorable could not be picked up sooner. Well, come to find out she was there so long because she was pregnant and gave birth to 6 puppies, so she had to stay and nurse them.

When I discovered her at the shelter, she was very alert and curious to me. I took her out to the yard and she immediatly took to me and was very playful and fun. I made up my mind right there that she was the girl for me :-)

So, I have had her for about 6 weeks and she has been such a blessing to my life. I have fought depression all my life and she has helped out with this so much, as she brings love and laughter to my life. She doesn't really bark all that much, and actually just can't get too much love. Her big problem is when I have to leave for work in the mornings or have to go out on errands. When I come back she is all over me and so excited that I am home.

She is not supposed to sleep in my bed at night, but she just won't go down on her bed I make for her on the floor. In the middle of the night she noses me with her wet nose and wakes me up. I didn't know what it meant at first but soon found out she wanted to get under the covers. So now, when I feel that wet nose in the middle of the night, I just lift the covers and she goes all the way down to the end by my feet and sleeps.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you about my girl Bella.

Thanks for listening :-)

Drew

I have worked with dogs for many years, learned of their psycology from Australia's leading animal handler who trained most of the animals for the movie 'BABE' and numerous other ads, TV Shows and movies.

The one thing I learned, You don't get to choose the dog, the dog chooses you.

You were chosen by your beautiful friend Wink

As for getting to excited...your baby is suffering seperation anxiety, a common issues with dogs. Find a good dog trainer and they will help you and your baby Wink

Awww how sweet.
I can't wait to see pictures of her .Wink( hint, hint..)
Give Bella a tummy rub for me please.

yes pictures please, I want to see her Smile

LOL Drew this is so sweet Smile

I have never had a dog, so I can't give you any advice other than you need to set a boundaries and there must be absolutely clear that you are the leader of the pack and not the other way around.

Welcome to GS, Drew!

That's a great story about your Bella! See, you thought you just got a dog and
here you got a foot-warmer, too! :tongue:
She sounds like a sweetheart!

hello drew,
Dogs are wonderful things... I have two Mother and son... The mother is a collie x jack russell and the son is a Collie X jack russell crossed with a Staffordshire bull terrier X dalmation so a lovely heinz57 mix.. Pictures of him on my profile... He is called connor and sleeps on the bed under the cover with his head popping out where he licks me face every night takes a deep breath and goes to sleep if i cuddle me bf he kinda squeezes in the middle of us because he wants to be loved to lol bless him

Kindest regards

zeon x

sometimes you can find lo cost veterinary services where you live, they offer free spay neuter services, shots, teeth cleaning, id chips. I assume your dog is already taken care of if it came form a shelter, keep the paper work indicating she was spayed. If you get an id chip keep the id# in a file.

Put a collar on the dog with your phone#/ email especially up front initially since they tend to wander off, trying to look for their former home. Look on line for a good stainless steel tag and collar, the stuff from PetsMart like stores is lo quality.

It is good to start off on the right foot, just think its like an investment... you might get a few sessions at a professional dog trainer (not the PetsMart thing), you and the dog can pick up a few tips that make each other's life better. They like to chew; so get some cannon fodder, go to the local good will store and buy some stuffed animals a little smaller than the dog.

If you go off to work you might look into putting your dog in a pet carrier. They need to be able to turn around in the cage. The dogs are not that disturbed by the cage, do this until you are certain they will not destroy your furniture.

love your new best friend.

Aww, thanks for sharing Drew Kiss3

I once had a dog *montage*.

Her name was pebbles Smile and she was a pitbull mix (can't remember now). I don't have alot of memories of her, as I was probably 5 or 6, but I knew she was cute Wink . We had a cat as well, and one day, they got into a fight for no reason and they killed each other. Don't ask me how, but I think our kitty scratched Pebble's eyes out or something and Pebbles bit her neck and they both died Sad .

Recently, when I spent a few months, re-connecting with my dad after 16 1/2 years of his absence, I got attached to his Giant labrador, Cardigan Smile . He used to literally crush me under his weight when he sat on me and don't even get me started on sleeping together.

I was scratching his ears, with his head in my lap and all of a sudden, he sat up and pushed me on my back on the bed and licked my face :o . I was like "ewww" lol.

He is about my size standing on his hind legs, and you could probably literally ride him. Very cute dog Smile .

My father also got a Pomerainian, named Princess. She used to nibble on my fingers and lick my palms Smile .
~

But the same way you found Bella, was how I sorta found my turtle Sora Smile

I went to my grandmother's friends house, and saw a turtle tank in the backyard and saw a turtle in there in stinky dirty water Sad . I was like "omgosh, a turtle!!" and the lady who owned her (my grandmother's friend), asked me if I wanted to take her, because she couldn't find the time to take care of her, so obviously I said yes, cause I love turtles and helping animals Smile .

I ran over to her and she looked at me and gave me her very first, in a long line of "Mommy" looks Smile . I picked her up and almost kissed her, until I realized she was sitting in dirty water :/ . I took her home, and discovered she had some shell issues, so I helped her fix that and got her healthy again and my father gave me one of his numerous tanks(he keeps alot of animals) and I put her in it. I went out and got a filter for her and some decorations and what not.

That was about 2 years ago, and will be 3 in August Smile . She now follows me around when she's not in the tank and sometimes I let her sit on my lap while watching T.V and she lays her head down and flips her front legs out, like she's flying. We race in the backyard when it's sunny and I sometimes let her walk on my stomach when I'm laying down listening to music on my iPod Smile .

She's crafty, sneaky, loving, annoying, cute, special and she's all mine :3 .
~

Bella's antics are so cute Smile, so yes, pictures please (although I think you need like 50posts to post pictures).
Cheerleader2

(ps- 10smiley faces in my post... you know it's serious when that happens Tongue )

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear gilhooly,

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat.

Reason: Making Incomprehensible/Nonsensical Posts
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.