Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My rant for the day
mbennet35 Wrote:Not all of people who believe in God are like this btw. You are just pointing out all the stereotypes just like how a lot of people stereotype the LGBT community.

I believe in God and I do not harrass anyone. Have I ever once mentioned God to any of you. Nope.

I believe in god too... without religion.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND, i dont need religion to believe in god. Your go or anyones god... who are listning to people who died thousands of years ago rather than there own voice within.

Sometimes more than others i will be tolerant but then i just cant listen to there crap !!!

I never said you needed religion to believe in god.

Without wanting to offend individuals I place a lot of blame with the institutions, for all of the harm that organized religion in general has caused, is continuing to cause, and will cause in the future.

It was only with the extreme weakening of the churches that women began to be treated fairly. In countries that still have a truly strong religious presence women are treated not as humans or equals but as objects and property.

Gays are still not accepted by the majority of faiths.

Some rather large churches still fight against contraception and sexual education. This is truly stupid as it leads to teen pregnancy, overpopulation, and the spread of deadly diseases.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Until such things are well and truly in the past I'm not going to be comfortable with religion.

nfisher1226 Wrote:Without wanting to offend individuals I place a lot of blame with the institutions, for all of the harm that organized religion in general has caused, is continuing to cause, and will cause in the future.

It was only with the extreme weakening of the churches that women began to be treated fairly. In countries that still have a truly strong religious presence women are treated not as humans or equals but as objects and property.

Gays are still not accepted by the majority of faiths.

Some rather large churches still fight against contraception and sexual education. This is truly stupid as it leads to teen pregnancy, overpopulation, and the spread of deadly diseases.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Until such things are well and truly in the past I'm not going to be comfortable with religion.

I agree with most of what you said. When I said I believe in God I wasn't talking about going to church. (I actually have not been to church in awhile) A lot of churchs I believe have curruption and even lots of drama.

I had a youth pastor who I use to help out when I was a teenager well someone in the church started spreading rumors about him then he quit. Well when he quit I really stopped going regularly because I was tired of all of it.

I still believe in God but I don't think its nessasary to go to church and such to do that.

Also I hope this thread doesn't turn into a debate or anything. I am in no way saying any religion is better than others. I am just stating my beliefs and I respect everyones beleifs and would never force them on you.

Meebles what religion are you...

Anyway im sure if it wasnt religion that has made people done terrible things, it would be something else.

Like communism.

mbennet35 Wrote:Not all of people who believe in God are like this btw. You are just pointing out all the stereotypes just like how a lot of people stereotype the LGBT community.

I believe in God and I do not harrass anyone. Have I ever once mentioned God to any of you. Nope.
you did just now :tongue:

partis Wrote:Meebles what religion are you...

Anyway im sure if it wasnt religion that has made people done terrible things, it would be something else.

Like communism.
yeah, but it's easier for a government to justify what it does if it can claim to have the ultimate moral authority on it's side rather than claiming everything it does is simply for the good of the state.

partis Wrote:I believe in god too... without religion.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND, i dont need religion to believe in god. Your go or anyones god... who are listning to people who died thousands of years ago rather than there own voice within.

Sometimes more than others i will be tolerant but then i just cant listen to there crap !!!

You hit the jackpot right there...

faith and religion are 2 different things, faith is harmless and a personal thing

religion is just a fine thread of lies, deceit and nonsense, that uses people's faith in a deity in order to control them...religion is man made, and as such, tainted.

it's the ultimate coercive mechanism to control the masses..

thinking about christianity as an example: we could have people believe that a God loves his creations so much that he send his son to die for all of us and rids us of sin, so we could all be chipper and peachy in an afterlife.....that's harmless, that's even lovely..

you could argue that if God was real then why is there a need to "believe" in him in the first place..still, faith in an invisible entity does no one any harm...

but what men turned it into it's not..basptists, catholics, protestants..etc. Each of those religions have come to be because a guy twisted faith into dogmatic nonsense, and disguised it as morality..

So yes...religious people...I depise...people of faith, no...

sorry if this sounds blunt, but enough is enough..religion (again, not faith) has cause a lot of damage in the world as it is..bloody wars have been faught and are still faught over religion..

and I know my meebles is a man of faith and not religion, otherwise I wouldn't be talking to him, so people, don't go at him

like everything else in the world there's bit of everything, even some religious people are harmless

Tinkles...just don't adress this woman..let her have her nonsense...she may have your best interest in mind even while being obnoxious and pedantic...just block her in your head and ignore her every word.

I believe in god too... without religion.

Thats like saying --

I believe in transportation without vehicles.
I believe in food without eating.
I believe in air without breathing.

Religions created gods, and the belief in gods created religions. Its a symbiotic process....you cannot have one without the other.

Thats like "I hate having a left arm, so Im going to ignore that its there". You can say it all you want, but it is not going to change the fact that its still there and still attached to your body.

I think the problem here is trying to categorize people based on religion. While religions do have their doctrines, the people who follow those religions can take it however they want. Everyone is an individual, even within religious groups.

It's kinda like reading any piece of advanced literature. Everyone interprets meanings from the same words in their own ways. Who's to say who is right? Who's to say that there's any meaning at all, or that another book doesn't explain it better? That's up to the reader, and no one else can tell them how they are supposed to interpret anything but them.

And yes, religion can seem really silly when you don't believe in them. Honestly, I find a lot of it silly too. That doesn't mean that these religions don't have meaning to other people though. I have no right to take away what they believe in, no matter what I think of it.