Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My sexuality is scaring me
Pix Wrote:I'm sorry, I can't believe you. I just can't. You must be willfully turning a blind eye to something you don't want to accept.

You don't recall Rick Perry saying all gay and lesbian vets should leave Texas or his ad attacking gays in the military as an assault on Christianity?

You don't recall Proposition 2? (IIRC, Houston was about 50% on it, but then Houston is cosmopolitan with many residents who are not actually Texans, but with very few exceptions the vast majority of voters in the rest of the state supported it because of their Christian beliefs.)

Even in California Prop 8 was passed because of Christianity (which I include Mormons as). I'd say 99% of ALL commercials that promoted prop 8 said God, Jesus, and/or the Bible in it at least once, and so did the reasons people gave for voting for it. Nearly every single official Christian organization (including Catholic) that took a stand on it was for it as well (the only one I recall that was opposed is well known for its vocal liberal positions) whereas only half the Jewish ones did and I can't recall any groups for it that were not religious. I can't believe it was any different in Texas (where the prop was much more enthusiastically accepted by the voters of the state than in California).

I can easily point to much worse, including by Catholics in the USA (as well as abroad), but that's beside the point and I'm sure you'll just promptly forget about it anyway, and I'm not going to waste my time arguing on what color the sky is. The point is you have no excuse to say that the vast majority of Christians are all loving, accepting, and tolerant of gays. That such Christians exist, yes, but that such are the norm, no.
I am supposed to through away everything I believe because a few people disagree?????

hank Wrote:O am very new to all of this, I have only been out for a few months. It is hard, I am not flamboyant, I am not sassy, I hate fasion, and musical theater. Straight people don't know what to think. bisexual guys can't be manly men, it is so very confusing. I don't know what to do

I am not flamboyant...at all. I can be sassy if you provoke me....I have no sense of fashion whatsoever but I do like musical theatre sometimes....any more stereotypes?:biggrin:

Most of my friends now are straight couples and the guys I hang around are uber masculine straight dudes who are completely comfortable with me being gay because I am completely comfortable with me being gay.

Since when did the majority become "a few"?

But no, spirituality is not a democracy, it's an individual experience. If you want to be Catholic, be Catholic. Plenty of Catholics practice birth control as well. And even many Christians upset over the idea of gays marrying fully support someone who divorced for reasons other than infidelity getting remarried (the Bible forbids this). But you'll have to accept that not many Catholics are going to embrace you, and because of the nasty things Catholics have said and done about gays and their official position you'll have to accept that many gays aren't going to be accepting of your choice as well.

And as for being conservative, try meeting up with some libertarians or the pink pistols, or place an ad on Craigslist. Or make some pods and start slipping them into people's houses so that the pods replace them and turn them into conservative bisexual Catholics.

hank Wrote:I am supposed to through away everything I believe because a few people disagree?????

Who asked you to throw away anything?

The problem here is you say "a few people"....like Pix I find it impossible to beleive that you are that unaware of what the church and the conservatives have done to gay people...if you think it is just "a few" you are completely mistaken.

East Wrote:Who asked you to throw away anything?

The problem here is you say "a few people"....like Pix I find it impossible to beleive that you are that unaware of what the church and the conservatives have done to gay people...if you think it is just "a few" you are completely mistaken.

I am aware that the Vatican doesn't condone other than heterosexual behavior. I understand people in general have issues with other than heterosexual behavior. But that Crosses political lines, religious lines and so on.

I know also a lot of Christians do what they are told to by popes, pastors and Parsons. I don't some a lot of conservative politicians tell people how to think. I disagree woth Rick Perry on his issues regarding marriage rights. but that isn't the only issue that is important to me, really they have very little control over that. Its all the political stuff like budget and business that concern me. The pro equal rights people I disagree with completely except one issue they can't effect.

I am libertarian, I have never heard of those groups. I said before I am very new to all of this. And I feel like I have been attacked.

East Wrote:I am not flamboyant...at all. I can be sassy if you provoke me....I have no sense of fashion whatsoever but I do like musical theatre sometimes....any more stereotypes?:biggrin:

Most of my friends now are straight couples and the guys I hang around are uber masculine straight dudes who are completely comfortable with me being gay because I am completely comfortable with me being gay.
I wasn't trying to be rude, its just everybody expects me to change, I dont know why. I am still uncomfortable with it, it is quite new to have everyone know, things they think and say about me. I don't understand this, it is not any different than before, why does everyone think it is

East Wrote:Who asked you to throw away anything?

Its not just conservative Christians. If that was all that voted against it, some states more than two would have equal rights. Masd and California are.the onlyones.. An ultra liberal state and a mildly liberal state.

The issue isn't these boogie men it is our culture. For such overwjelming opposition it has to be more. I have come across a few homophonic demacrats. Many infact.

I am sorry, I am really quite frustrated, I didn't mean to offend, I feel so alone. gay or straight would be so much better than this. I am really having a hard time, reaching out. I thought it would get easier. But it has only become more complicated.

I am having to defend myself on all sides now.

I'm confused, are you trying to accept yourself or chose a political party? You are overthinking EVERYTHINGSmile, you can be the exact same person you were when you were in the closet, you ARE the exact same peron the only differnce is now everyone knows you like guys too. Don't stress yourself over what other people say, focus on you and your goals in life. I am a gay christian and I couldn't care less about what other people think about me. If you really want to meet other people like you then search online a little more, there is a website called meet.com for people looking for others like them, I've never tried it before but it looks legit.

Us lgbt folks are already just a small percentage of the population so finding some one with the same views as yourself is going to be hard but if you're determined then you will find what you are lookig forWink

(and I typed all that with no spell check :biggrin: )
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]