Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the age of nice guys with values dead?
Pix Wrote:Many women wonder the same thing.

A gay guy told me it was easy to seduce straight men, at least for a one night stand. He said men were such dogs that when they can't get what they want that they'll take what they can get. Going by how I've been treated by men I can believe that's generally true. Even wearing a ring and saying I'm married doesn't stop men from coming onto me, and they have ever since I was a child. And when I was a runaway I saw a lot of men with wedding rings cruising for girls, some of whom probably had daughters the same age.

The kind of man you're looking for does exist, but I believe they're exceedingly rare.

This actually happens? :confused:

I use a sauna all the time and the thought of having sex in one is just....NO!

A guy told me that it was dangerous to sauna naked (or even sauna at all) because even when the same sex the others could come onto you. I found that preposterous and when he expressed surprise that I (along with other women) saunad naked with hippie men I snarked, "I guess something about being in a humid heatwave that makes you sweat buckets kinda kills the mood." But then I added that it was rude to stare at someone that closely and I certainly didn't stare at anyone, let alone their private parts, while I was there. He assured me that the guys were checking ME out. Possible, but I didn't get any sexual vibes off of them.

I've never feared anyone harassing me in one. I've also read plenty of erotica and not one scene has taken place in a sauna. I've saunaed with a girlfriend (with a much higher sex drive) at a fitness center before, too, and we've never done anything there: think about it, even IF we wanted to for some strange reason it would be way too easy to get caught, and once caught then our memberships would almost certainly be revoked, because even if the prudery & etiquette violations didn't get us booted, concerns about the possible safety hazard regarding our getting a burn injury and suing them or leaving possibly infected bodily fluids exposed to others (including those who work there) WOULD get us booted, I'm sure. And other fitness centers would likely hear of us before we even tried joining. In addition, if someone were to come onto me, I'd not only see it as disrespectful (saunas are for health & relaxing in), but also the same not-worth-it risk, and I'd likely report it if she didn't instantly stop at my very firm "leave me alone." And I'm not even hetero.

Though a Russian I knew did tell me they had "VIP Saunas" in Russia, which was a sauna with prostitutes...
Oh please, cry me a river... You're just doing the female equivalent of the "Nice Guy" (except of course your not attracted to men, but you get what I mean). Just stop it. Maybe you hand out with the wrong guys?

Anyways. I have seen LOTS of girls lead guys on and take advantage of them (by getting free room and board from them by feigning an interest in them). But I don't boo hoo about how terrible women are. I don't call them "bitches". So get off of your sexist horse please.

my town seems to be loaded with mean flirtatious female bitches who bully guys with pimples or sad guys or uppity bitches who think they're educated above me- idoubt if there are few nice girls or guys in my town

in the 70s they didnt seem so mean-what happened?

some video i saw "sin cities:Berlin--1930s in Germany

poverty
people were pimping out there own kids they were so hungry--people in usa are almost like that

were so fucked!save us mitt!

http://www.amazon.com/Legendary-Sin-Citi...B000CSUNTI

i think thats it

Genersis Wrote:3) "traditional family values" is quite frankly out of place here.
All i associate that phrase with is basically Christian family values due to it being the main religion of our countries, and to be blunt, are used to promote very vile things like gender roles and gender inequality , marriage inequality, opposition to gay adoption, and i'm pretty sure it would of been one of the reasons for anti-sodomy laws.

Seems like any Christian organisation with "family" in it's name now days is very archaic in it's beliefs and are normally extremely opposed to homosexuality's(and ANY sexuality beyond heterosexuality) very existence(or at least acknowledging it).
I'm sorry, that phrase is a pet peeve of mine.

I disagree. We should not let 'family values' mean the values of the particular Christian denomination of the user. We should use the words 'family values'; sticking together through tick and thin, charity begins at home, coming together for hatches, matches and despatches, etc. These are all laudable values to be proud of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

mrk2010 Wrote:Nothing's happened lol so I'm not bitter, it's just my perceptions.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Hi mrk2010 I'm so glad to hear you're not bitter in anyway and it was only your understanding of how things seem to be, rest assured they are not that black...!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

fredv3b Wrote:I disagree. We should not let 'family values' mean the values of the particular Christian denomination of the user. We should use the words 'family values'; sticking together through tick and thin, charity begins at home, coming together for hatches, matches and despatches, etc. These are all laudable values to be proud of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet again Fred I'm having to agree with you, this really does have to stop...!!!

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear gilhooly,

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat.

Reason: Making Incomprehensible/Nonsensical Posts
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Gilhooly, why did you wright that particular message about Tom, was there something we were supposed to take away from it. What happened to Tom?

I love the tom stories Smile

I have been where you are currently. I felt as if i m the only one who thinks about friendship, knowing the other person, relationship etc when the entire world out there is just having fun and a real good time. You are right in saying that majority of the gay people around believe in just hooking up , having a good time together and then forgetting to restart the things with a different person altogether. As much as it is true, but there is another side of the story too. What i guess, the people like us should do, is keep faith in ourselves and our beliefs and not let what going around change us fundamentally. I am sure we are just not the only people who think that way. Although they are fewer in number but yes such people do exist. The bottomline is to just keep faith and never let go of your true feelings and beliefs.