Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Marraige

UPDATE:When I first posted this video it was sort of done tongue in cheek. Then I read more into the story of the kid, I was horrified to learn the background of the story behind the video and the subsequent backlash. Here is a news article that explains what exactly went down:

(source=www.akawilliam.com/police-step-in-to-help-12-year-old-christianu2uber)

Police Step In To Help 12-Year-Old Christianu2uber
NEWS | APRIL 22, 2009 BY AKA WILLIAM | 0 COMMENTS

I haven’t been following as closely as I should have the story of Christianu2uber, the 12-year-old boy who variously describes himself as gay, ex-gay, and Christian, and who posted a series of YouTube videos in which he talked about his opposition to gay marriage.

When I read the headline“Police Intervene in Case of Anti-Gay YouTube Poster, 12″ on Boston’s Edge, my stomach did a little flip, and I thought, “Oh no, not another suicide.” Thankfully that wasn’t the case, but it looks like if the police hadn’t stepped in, things might have turned out differently.

A recap from Edge:

In a series of 13 YouTube videos, as well as a number of Facebook entries, Christianu2uber has given voice to a range of opinions and claims about himself, including text that seems to indicate that he used to be gay but is now straight; however, reports say that Christianu2uber has also referred to himself as “Angry Homo Kid,” posting a rebuff telling commentators to stop calling him gay.

. . . he was called a ’faggot’ and told, among other things, most unprintable, to kill himself . . .

Moreover, when another boy of similar age pirated and then parodied one of Christianu2uber’s videos, the response that Christianu2uber sent was one that, in this post-Columbine age, cannot be ignored or shrugged off: as one report had it, Christianu2uber wrote to the other boy with a threat that he would “go to his house and slit his throat.”

While right-wing religious sites such as WorldNetDaily have used the story as grist for the “liberals versus Christians” mill, other Internet resources such as GLBT sites JoeMygod and Pam’s House Blend and, most notably, Focus have sought the intervention of the authorities, with some individuals attempting to contact site administrators to express concern and to encourage them to take down offensive material.

Focus publisher Lyndon Evans appealed to readers for help in identifying and directing authorities to Christianu2uber, or Scott, writing, “How many times have we heard about after the fact the warning signs were there on websites, Facebook, MySpace, where if people had taken the time, perhaps tragedy could have been prevented.

And today Focus posted this:

Mr. Evans,

I am a Sergeant with the Collin County Sheriff’s Office, and have been working on numerous cybertips reported to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children regarding Christianu2uber. With these reports, came several associated news links and blogs, including yours.

I wanted to update you that I have located this 12 year old, and spoke to him and his parents tonight. This situation has been resolved. Further, we will be providing him with counseling to get through this matter.

. . . We welcome any reports like this, and you may post on your blog the best place to report any issues related to children being exploited online is National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. I know on several blogs I saw, people said they simply did not know where to report this or who could help.

Wow. And a big exhale.

irony much?

I'm just glad gay marriage isn't even on the radar in Canada anymore, even the conservatives won't touch the issue of reversing the legalization because of how unpopular it is. Even so, the federal law in Canada really only legalized gay marriage in Alberta, the Northwest Territory, and Nunavut. It was already legal everywhere else.

As to the video itself, I feel more pity for the kid than anything else.

Oh it's that infamous kid who made that video a year ago and said "I am not a homo!" or some crap. I hope that someday gay marriage becomes legalized nationwide here in the U.S. Someday... someday... it may not happen in my life, however it will become a reality someday.

When I see kids this young commenting on stuff like this I dont pay to much attention to them. They dont know any better pretty much and havent seen the world yet. The line that caught my attention is at 1:18

"I figured it out and I used to be gay but then I decided its wrong and I stopped it. Now Im very interested in girls."

I sincerely hope if he is indeed gay that he doesnt grow up to hate himself like I did. Another line that caught my attention was at 1:45

"If you can picture this, picture getting married to............. your hand"

I have been happily married to my hand since the age of twelve.Confusedmile:

Oh wow his parents did a number on him boy...just wow.
I'm sure the brain washing will wear off at some point, an if not I'm sure the boy will live a happy life in middle America with his home made human skin lamp shades and his family of taxidermy squirrels.

TimmyThink Wrote:America with his home made human skin lamp shades and his family of taxidermy squirrels.

You wouldn't know where I could buy such acoutrement for my own home would you?

TimmyThink Wrote:Oh wow his parents did a number on him boy...just wow.
I'm sure the brain washing will wear off at some point, an if not I'm sure the boy will live a happy life in middle America with his home made human skin lamp shades and his family of taxidermy squirrels.

Yeah, he's totally being raised by Christian fundamentalists. His original YouTuber name was something along the lines of Christian2ber or something like that.

OrphanPip Wrote:You wouldn't know where I could buy such acoutrement for my own home would you?

like i said middle America or made somewhere below the mason-dixon line, just look for the house with newspapers covering the windows, I'm sure whoever lives there will have what you're looking for Pip

TimmyThink Wrote:like i said middle America or made somewhere below the mason-dixon line, just look for the house with newspapers covering the windows, I'm sure whoever lives there will have what you're looking for Pip

Damn, I was hoping for somewhere closer, like Buffalo or something. I've never been to Buffalo, but imagine it as a place where human skin would be used as upholstery. One has to do something to pass the time in Buffalo, after all.