Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My trustworthy friend ... Not anymore.
Anocxu Wrote:Lol..
Growing up I didn't have forums.. I had to learn the the hard way regarding friendships .. pretty much traumatizing myself in the process..

I recognize so much of what you guys go through..

My new thing at age 40 is..
I gave up 'Looking' for good friends..
Instead ..
I'm focusing on 'Being' a good friend ..

You see it here all the time..
"Looking for friends"

A good friend is not 'what' you are..
It's an journey. . An accomplishment. .

It's something you have to 'be'..
Almost like a profession...

We say it all the time...
Friendships and relationships are so much work
Well, I'm learning the work we keep complaining about ..Starts and ends with "Us" or "You".

I am all over your threads this week because I personally believe you are at a critical point in your life regarding friendships and relationships. .

When I believe you are perfectly ok..

I'm throwing you out!..
Hahaha..
Teasing. .
Hugs.

Hahaha, you're awesome... Yes, I had to learn it the hard way too regarding the forum. And it isn't "Looking for friends"
I think it is generally "Chasing people"
It's true, we keep chasing people.. caring for the careless.. loving the unlovable... chasing those who ignore us until ultimately we forget about the ones who truly belong in our lives..
So stop chasing people;
Just be you.
Work hard.
and those who actually belong in your life will come looking for you and stay.
I also learned to follow my intuition, be kind, tell the truth, work hard and not take any shit no matter what!

Some ppl call me a drama queen for it but u k what? Some ppl aren't me and they don't see things the way I say them so to hell with them and their opinions! Hahaha

It's all quantum mechanics

Ok, I was gonna say something and then 1) I saw the date of the topic and 2) [MENTION=21156]Anocxu[/MENTION] already said everything I had in mind

Only one question, if this is a guy you met fairly recently, why was he"trustworthy"? That seems too soon to tell, as I see it
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

verysimple Wrote:Good point. But no, he's 100% str8!
I guess that could be a possibility.. But I take nothing personally.. It's just him; turns out he's like that with everyone, Very friendly, warm and close to ppl for a couple of days then he flips into this isolated social state where he doesn't interact with people or whatever.. Maybe he's bipolar who knows?

Well, I have a theory of his progress of thoughts. Well, at first, to him you were just another good friend and he thought you were nice. Then when you came out to him, he might be stoned a little, but he still tried to keep a smile on his face. Then it hit him in the head that maybe there was some sort of special reason for you to come out to him, maybe you had feeling for him. Well, this suspicion was later fostered by the fact that you constantly questioned him about all the blockings, trust me, I had a lot of straight male friends before, when you came out to them, they may not throw what they think to your face instantly, but later they will make awful decisions behind your back, if this guy was trustworthy like you initially described, then this thread wouldn't be here in the first place. You will find another friend soon enough.

Eru Wrote:Well, I have a theory of his progress of thoughts. Well, at first, to him you were just another good friend and he thought you were nice. Then when you came out to him, he might be stoned a little, but he still tried to keep a smile on his face. Then it hit him in the head that maybe there was some sort of special reason for you to come out to him, maybe you had feeling for him. Well, this suspicion was later fostered by the fact that you constantly questioned him about all the blockings, trust me, I had a lot of straight male friends before, when you came out to them, they may not throw what they think to your face instantly, but later they will make awful decisions behind your back, if this guy was trustworthy like you initially described, then this thread wouldn't be here in the first place. You will find another friend soon enough.

I'm sorry but I think that in this case scenario this theory is considered to be bullshit! Like I said before, with him.. individually... He does it to everyone! Idk, He's just weird. It's a blessing he's out of my life cuz he saved me a load of shit of problems I don't have the time/ energy to deal with that I was blinded to before...

Insertnamehere Wrote:Ok, I was gonna say something and then 1) I saw the date of the topic and 2) [MENTION=21156]Anocxu[/MENTION] already said everything I had in mind

Only one question, if this is a guy you met fairly recently, why was he"trustworthy"? That seems too soon to tell, as I see it

Well like I said, He seemed to have a similar personality to mine... We had a bond and he seemed very open minded... So I thought, why not?! Cuz to open minded and liberated people this kind of stuff doesn't matter.. but clearly, Not all of them !

verysimple Wrote:Well like I said, He seemed to have a similar personality to mine... We had a bond and he seemed very open minded... So I thought, why not?! Cuz to open minded and liberated people this kind of stuff doesn't matter.. but clearly, Not all of them !

Understandable.

You should never underestimate the pressure of the social environment in the behavior of people.

Sorry this happened to you. People can be world class a**holes
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Understandable.

You should never underestimate the pressure of the social environment in the behavior of people.

Sorry this happened to you. People can be world class a**holes

Thank you! But I've had worse come to me from people than just that scum.. Other than surprising me, he didn't affect me at all really.. Not one bit. Haha

Dear friend.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience and empathise to you. It was unpleasant thing for you.
Your so- called friend seems very immature to me, let alone accepting gay guys but in the way he rejects people. Only a coward could act as he did. My advice is keep more attention on your hobbies, passions and the precious ones for you.

Good luck.

Phantom Wrote:Dear friend.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience and empathise to you. It was unpleasant thing for you.
Your so- called friend seems very immature to me, let alone accepting gay guys but in the way he rejects people. Only a coward could act as he did. My advice is keep more attention on your hobbies, passions and the precious ones for you.

Good luck.

Thank you Phantom. That's just what I've been doing. Your advice is definitely appreciated!