Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wedding speech
I have no idea how this got in my head, because I wasn't even thinking of my pretend wedding... but if I were to get married, this would be my speech at the reception... (I know the groom doesn't say speeches, just the vows, but the I haven't met Mr right yet so how can I make vows???)

My wedding speech

We’ve had this debate before haven’t we (insert husband’s name)

I say “I love you”, you say “I love you more”, I say “Not nearly as much as I love you”, you say “you’re in DEE-NIAL, cuz I mean, I just, I love you more!”, I say “Bullshit, that’s impossible, cuz I love you more”... the clichéd, corny, ‘I love you more’ debate can go on and on until one of us decides to shut the other up with a long, slow, mouthy, tonguey, eyes closed, hands in hair, surroundings blurred kiss so powerful that if it were anymore powerful it could end war, famine, poverty, HIV, ignorance, self-hate and end all pain...

But today I stand before you, telling you, I...love...you...

I love you today, tomorrow, the next day, maybe not the whole of next week Wednesday or the day we have the inevitable crockery throwing fight, but I love you... after the fight, once the hate comes out all that’s left is love and that love is forever bound to you...

I love you more than pooh bear loves honey

I love you more than a sunflower loves the sun

My love for you is as unbreakable as a mountain made of diamond and titanium...

My love for you reaches further than ends of the universe...

I will love you in this life and I shall seek you out in the next life and love you then, and in the life after that... My love for you will transcend life itself...

And once all life and existence is gone, my love for you will transcend the very confides of existence and being...

But most of all I will love you as passionately, as if it is my last hour with you, forever until the big bang unbangs itself and rebangs itself because I refused to stop loving you...and because you refused to stop loving me...

Lovelace out...

That's quite a commitment Wink

I hope you find a man strong/worthy enough to cope with your passion!

By the way, crockery fights are not inevitable, unless you plan for them to be part of the scene (in which case, always buy cheap crockery and make sure that's the stuff closest to hand when the fight breaks out).

Surely we don't have to follow the traditions of who does the speeches at weddings? After all where are you going to find a father of the bride!

Cute though Smile

Crockery throwing? :eek: I thought that was only in the movies!

Well, I'm sure your Mr. Right will love it and you!

i really enjoyed reading this poem
fantastic lines