Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysterious crop circles in California
Wow that's so pretty!

o love crop circles and all the strange beliefs around them ,, but to think a civilisation so advanced could come here and the best communication they could do is fuck up our corn fields is a bit strange Smile

matty7 Wrote:o love crop circles and all the strange beliefs around them ,, but to think a civilisation so advanced could come here and the best communication they could do is fuck up our corn fields is a bit strange Smile

I agree as far as that goes, and I don't believe that extraterrestrials are creating crop circles. That said, I wouldn't be stunned if it turned out they were, I'd instead be stunned if they were using them to try to communicate...but who can fathom the alien mind? I'm not sure what to expect of alien life but one thing I DON'T expect is for it to be like in Star Trek. Instead, species will rise with completely different sensibilities, even slight changes in form can drastically alter an entire culture and how it thinks, not to mention neurology itself. If an alien species were trying to communicate with us it could be they're a very visual (possibly no ability to communicate verbally) who are trying to see if we can deduce what makes a maxim understanding of the cosmos for them...much like how our species does the same with math in trying to communicate with other species and may be just as nonsensical to them.

Though actually I'd think if they were making crop circles then it would be for them than for us, prayers to whatever deities they follow as space travel is likely so dangerous and that's how they pray, not with prayers but with images (much like our prehistoric ancestors did with cave drawings). But even that's projecting human sensibilities onto their motive. Maybe instead art is the highest form of expression, seen as making a cold universe beautiful, and maybe such artistic entities are moved by such beauty of Earth in a desolate universe that they simply have to mark it or make tributes to it.

'Course the really funny thing is if that's their landing the flags, that is like astronauts who plant the flag of their nation on the moon...and they don't even think we matter.

Oh! I must share this scifi story about aliens who manage to communicate with us and then decide to forget we even exist for the sake of convenience!

http://www.terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html

East Wrote:I actually know exactly where this is....

...and I have a lot of opinions on the subject but will keep them to myself.

I will say this...we are definitely NOT alone....

Please, do share your opinions.

I was very skeptical at first, I always thought we were an aberration, the freaks of the universe.

Then I saw a couple of videos from respected scientists, astronauts and pilots that swear they do exist and I started having doubts.

If we do make contact with alien life one day, these guys will be seen as true heroes, pioneers that bravely defied the conventions and prejudices of their time.

matty7 Wrote:o love crop circles and all the strange beliefs around them ,, but to think a civilisation so advanced could come here and the best communication they could do is fuck up our corn fields is a bit strange Smile

It's simple but seems to be very effective.

I believe these crop circles can be seen from space.