Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mythology, Spiritualism and the Nuances
Okay.

So as we all know, the Human mind is an Enigmatic, reasonably unfathomable conundrum, to which we may never understand fully and that is awesome.

However,

There are some things outside the realm of 5 which we do understand, but cannot accept or believe. For the simple fact of being unaware or the resistance to be so.

This is not to say being unaware is reprehensible, but it does tend to "closet" the aware.

So to say that, to say this;

Where lay you in the stance of Mythology and Spiritualism? As I for one am an open book and most of you already know Wink

Spiritualistically, I find myself very attributed to the Air, as not only is that part of my Astrological Sign (Libra), but coincides with being an Empath, as it encompasses many traits an Empath would(Balance,Calm,Neutrality,Peace) and so then thus leads me to believe Mythologically I would be considered a Sprite, a Sylph to be more accurate, however I am not vain or mischievous...much :p

Which are the Nuances, but still nonetheless describe me.

My Mother is a Pisces, very emotional and sensitive and is of the sign Water, thus making her Mythologically represented as a Water Sprite. Gentle,Can act on anger quickly, Compassionate, nurturing, all these depict my mother.

My Father...I can't say since I don't know him that we'll, well but strikes me as a Gemini, also of Air, but is more of a Faery, good natured, but mischievous and tricky. Very two faced.

So Speaking Mythologically, I was born of a Faery and a Water Sprite.

As many people once believed in Dragons, they were merely a manifestation of the qualities that people possessed, thus calling them Dragons.

However, this is not to say the actual Creature did not or does not exist, as everything has an Origin.

It could be wishful thinking or imaginative play...but what if it isn't?

Elementalism, Alchemy and Mythology by Paracelsus

This is a very interesting take on Elementalism and the correspondence between Spiritualism and Mythology, through Alchemical facets.

It would explain quite a bit...

And this is not meant to be Paranormal per se, but an inquisition into the reality, conceptualism, Possible nature of this topic.

No one's belief is wrong or right or better than anyone else's. I believe what I believe, so.

(an interesting quote) Aereon, Air Elemental in Chronicles of Riddick;
"In every conflict, it is the ambassadors of neutrality whose opinions matter most. Such is the way of the Elementals, a race that calculates the balance of the universe and works to preserve that balance by any and all means, though always with a neutral eye. Devotees of Plato, they embody the five elements of the universe – earth, water, fire, aether, and air."

Let's get on with it shall we? Wink

[Image: fourseasons.jpg]

Well I don't really have much I can say.
But I'm not sure the human mind is as special as you make it out to be.

I don't believe in any of this myself but Mythology fascinates me and ever since I was a child I've loved reading about it!

I don't put much faith in Astrology either but it does amuse me. I know most of the "traditional" signs (Leo, Capricorn, etc...) and I know that I'm a Virgo, but that's the extent of what I know. Your post was very interesting though. Smile

QueenOdi Wrote:Okay ... No one's belief is wrong or right or better than anyone else's. I believe what I believe, so. ...
can anyone just leave it at that, why does everyone feel the need to:
put a label on it (same as we try not say gay or straight)
write it down in a book
make other people believe the same thing?

believe what your need to fill in the gaps. update your beliefs as need be. mix in concepts of respect tolerance ...

I've always found stuff like this fascinating; mythology, spirituality and the like. Like, how so many different cultures all had their own version of the monomyth, and so many civilizations all around the world came up with the same bizarre creatures, myths and legends - albeit with slight cultural differences.

As far as the astrological signs go, I like to think I'm too "level-headed" to believe in that sort of thing, but I have to say from a personal standpoint I find I match my sign, and what it is meant to entail, pretty much perfectly. I'm the archetypical Gemini. As an Air sign, I'm self-expressive, communicable & conceptual; and as a Mutable sign, I'm adaptable & understanding.

Due to my childhood and being forced to partake of rituals and rites, and the like I have an understanding of the 'spiritual' realms that I really do not want to have.

I am at once attracted and repulsed by anything that falls out of 'hard science'. I try desperately to explain away all of that 'erroneous' 'spiritual/mythological/superstitious' stuff, yet there is a part of me that wants to embrace it and accept it.

I can joke about demons and magic and the like now days - accuse things of being 'dark magicks' but in reality I actually fear the Dark Arts and have a strong belief that it is real and that people are using such to do terrible things. Belief - not really, I know... which is different than merely believing.

I just know we know or refuse to accept very little, theres so much more under the surface.

Virgo here.

Not exactly an orthodox Virgo but definitely Virgo: hardworking, obstinate, perfectionist.

The best advice I ever got was from a famous astrologer: Virgos have to understand that the world cannot be perfect.

You might find the WMT interesting, it goes into the elements and what they symbolize. As explained in the link that covers a lot of ground (tip: Wiccans tend to be the most friendly to gays and gender bending, though not all are).

VERY short & sweet, I tend to take a Jungian view to things, see a lot of things as symbolic and yet also flawed in that we can't grasp the greater reality of it so only see a sliver of it, like the tip of the iceberg above the ocean (the symbol) which hides the greater ice below, and of course the ice itself IS part of the ocean itself.

I believe there are multiple realities that are tied together so that we're acting on multiple levels/worlds at the same time, and it's possible that these other states of consciousness are in a completely different reality unknown to to our conscious minds (and our reality may be equally unknown to that state of consciousness), and I believe magick (as used by Wiccans, for example) helps change those other realities that in turn change this reality (in a sense our reality is the "visible reality spectrum" but there's so much more than that). I have reasons for believing everything I do of course, but I'll share one intriguing story that contributed to this one:

A guy I know who helped kids in an underground railroad escape abuse, pimps, and the system (and had been beaten and scarred for it by corrupt cops) was once changing in a gym locker room when a guy walked in and even though he couldn't see (shirt over head and facing away) he instantly felt a murderous hate for the guy, and when he looked he saw the guy looking at him in the same way. So he asked about him up front and did some research to find the guy was a sadistic prison guard (included a lawsuit over his and other guards trying to "turn a black man white" using scalding water) and so they were the opposite in ethics (my friend, and WMT mentor btw, was very anti-authoritarian and against bullies while the prison guard was very much into authority and using it for evil) and morality (my friend defied the law to help people, the other guy used the law to facilitate hurting people), and furthermore BOTH were extreme examples who LIVED their beliefs despite serious prosecution at one time or another, and so at some level independent of physical sight when their auras or whatever came into contact they were automatically inimical to each other. That is they saw each other on another plane of existence, both having attuned so strongly to their own vibration (to the point of willing to suffer to live their philosophy), and recognized each other as everything they stood against and that transferred down to their mortal selves before my friend even laid eyes upon him.

Obviously I believe there's more than "just heaven and hell" (there are many heavens and hells in my book, though I'm agnostic enough to not be certain how "symbolic or literal" they are, though I believe they can be experienced somewhat in this life regardless, and that we bring these other spiritual dimensions with their ethics and morality into the lives of those around us, and very likely in turn feed those planes of existence with our own energy so that it's a mutual sharing, and why people of one spiritual plane wouldn't see it as pointless to try to wipe out mortals attuned to another such plane of existence as well as to try to control mortal belief).

Gods, I've already gone on much longer than intended, so I'll just sum up briefly that I believe there the gods are especially confusing. I believe that many religions were born of trickster spirits who manipulated our beliefs for fun and feeding (and may have been accidentally created by us), but at the same time there's a "transcendent level" in which the divine force becomes REAL in which these spirits have no power (the less dogmatic one is about religion the more likely they're to "tap the true source"). Perhaps the most surreal is when I had my vision of Freya at the same time as my Granny prayed to Jesus on my behalf for God to rescue me from the danger I was in (that is her god translated into one from a completely different mythos that both of us knew almost nothing about, but Freya was exactly what I needed at that time to save me, not Jesus, and therefore I got Freya).

And if I were any kind of otherkin then I'd be a pixie of course, which my own granny called me since before I can remember (and thus my name here, Pix, but to my amusement I saw the word was descended from one that meant "perilous" that is being a pixie can be dangerous, and it has been).

Finally, I believe in quasi-reality (and believe this is the realm of fairies, UFOs, etc) in which they're only partially real from our perspective and thus can only be partially measured...and that quantum physics is also part of this quasi-reality...this is too long so I'll end it here.