Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW - GS Interview - AlohaS
Now I'd really like to hear you play. (classical music fan)

What's your biggest regret in life?

What's your favourite icecream?

AlohaS Wrote:Though I love playing classical music, I look forward to the day when I can play Irish jigs.

LOL......I didn't realize you were Irish, but your first name should've been an indicator.

*rolls eyes at myself*

Have you ever been to Ireland? I want to go, I'm told it's beautiful.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Cuddly Wrote:What's your biggest regret in life?

What's your favourite icecream?

My biggest regret in life is not accepting myself for who I am years ago. Because of that, I ended up with three failed marriages. The most recent one was the worst. She stuck with me for many years and she deserved to know everything about me before choosing to marry me. She thought she was getting one person and ended up with someone else. I could go on and on about this subject but I'll just keep it short.

My favorite ice cream would have to be vanilla with Reese's peanut butter cups inside.

CellarDweller Wrote:LOL......I didn't realize you were Irish, but your first name should've been an indicator.

*rolls eyes at myself*

Have you ever been to Ireland? I want to go, I'm told it's beautiful.

Nope, I have not yet been to Ireland but I would absolutely LOVE to go!

Do you ever wonder why you turned out this way? Gay, army, hawaii? Which events may have made you this way?

Aloha, you must have gone up some of the ranks in the army. What duties are yours now? Mahalo.

Most Americans are of mixed descent. Do you know what yours is? If you were from Dakota, you could be a French or Swedish or German descent, but you might also be of Native American descent and other sources...
Do you speak any foreign languages?

Cuddly Wrote:Do you ever wonder why you turned out this way? Gay, army, hawaii? Which events may have made you this way?

As a matter of fact, I do. I was constantly ridiculed while growing up and I had the typical middle child syndrome. I felt alone much of my pre-adult life and had little self-worth. Joining the army made me feel like I was finally part of something that mattered. I often thought that my two siblings I grew up with (I have step brothers and a step sister that didn't live with us) could never serve their country like I did so it made me feel value in myself. Fortunately, as I got older those feelings and resentment passed.

I've always known in my heart that I was gay but suppressed that until recently. My fear of acceptance from my parents and religious fear stopped me from being who I am. Oddly enough, it was my current (and eventually ex) wife that helped me to be ok with my identity.

This is a really heavy topic! I hope I answered it sufficiently. Smile

princealbertofb Wrote:Aloha, you must have gone up some of the ranks in the army. What duties are yours now? Mahalo.

I initially joined the army in a personnel job. When I went active duty I switched to a combat job. For the past 12 years I've been in recruiting and I'm currently in transition to a new position but most recently I ran medical recruiting for the Pacific rim (Hawaii, American Samoa, Japan, and Korea).