Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO. I might still have a CRUSH.
Look, why not go for broke here? Since you apparently aren't that close anymore, and you still are harboring some sort of belief that he's actually gay and interested in you, what's to be lost from throwing your cards on the table? "You know, I used to have a major league crush on you, and I sort of hoped we'd eventually end up together."

Lex

Thanks guys. I just wanted to share my craziness as it happened. I'm NOT going to get him or anything. It was super unhealthy. I just want to be open to other men who will actually love me and not play me.

And Virge, I don't understand the purpose of what you wrote in your first reply. But enjoy.

Friend, he wrote that due to a prior conversation we had about the zodiac and my dislike for it. His brain was itching and he was trying to scratch it, like in that avatar pic of his.

He was hoping I'd take the Pisc, to quote our English cousins.

Thanks for your thread. A lot of us need to get over some wound. I had a friendship that started, stopped, restarted, then ended altogether without so much as a cross word, and it was for some of the reasons you note. In my case, I didn't find him attractive romantically, which helps, but it was still an epic mismatch, which we must have both just realized after three years of friendship.

You can make friends with many men. Get out there and do it. And ultimately, one of them will click.

Thanks Big Grin
I still didn't understand the situation with the Pisces thing haha, but anyway, I'm glad it wasn't personal towards me.

I'm sorry I wasn't explicit. Virge and I were chatting via PMs recently, and we share a disbelief in the zodiac, so when you posted that I was a quintessential Pisces, it afforded him an opportunity to jump in and rub it in. He doesn't believe in the zodiac either, but he mockingly pretended to in order to gig me. It was a good-natured teasing.

And, to your OP, I had a devastating crush my sophomore year in college. He was so beautiful, I still think of him as an Adonis. He was my first close friend that year when I transferred in to that school. Ultimately, in addition to him being straight, he wasn't empathetic, was selfish, and more than a little cold. I know now the reasons I fell for him, and am glad I hit hard when he dropped me like a rock once he figured out I was gay. At the time, I didn't want to live, but I healed, made many friends, and enjoyed college way more than most people I have met.

Today, I remember the pain, but can't feel it. Your heart will heal. You get out there and make more friends and give your heart more to love.

Damn! These straight men.... It annoys me. But yeah, I understand. I'm better today, I just need to stop using Facebook as a drug to refill my heart.

Sorry for any confusion DreamMaker. I read what you'd written back to HH and just could not refuse the opportunity to put a frog in his underwear -- so to speak.

Now let me run and see who else I can pick on.

Hard head just told you he had a huge crush on a straight guy when he was about you age.
I'm going to tell you I had a huge crush on a straight guy when I was about you age
Every guy in here will tell you he dad a huge crush on a straight guy when I was about you age

It's like it's a stage in growing up and becoming a full fledged gay person we all go through.
There are no right answers on how to deal with it. No two crushes are the same.
But you do out grow it and move on.

Crushes on straight men by guys your age is the #1 question in gayspeak. It's like a disease. hahahhaa!

hahah yeah that's true. Although he wasn't so straight if he touched me all the time and massaged my inner thighs.