Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOM Exposed!
The National Organisation for Marriage has been a stumbling block in the way of any movement towards equality for glbt people in the USA for the last three years or so. Since its foundation it has amassed a shedload of money from Catholics, Mormons and other conservative Christians and right-wingers.

The Human Rights Campaign has established the NOM Exposed website to reveal some of the shady dealings of this horrible organisation. NOM supporters do little to enhance the desirability of marriage. What a spiteful, mean, bigoted bunch they are :mad:

I know I'm not American, but I clicked the "NOM Doesn't Speak For Me" button to let some of my Facebook friends and family know about some of the creepy slimeballs they associate with.

I added my name and did the facebook thing too.

I am Buddhist not a Christian but I had lived for a year with a couple who are very strong believer. (they were my guardians so they treated me like their son ). Base on what they taught me about Christianity, I don't believe Christianity values hatred toward other people who have different belief. These people in National Organizations for Marriage who call themselves Christians are just a bunch of heartless and mindless people.

That's a really horrific organization! How dare they do such messed up crap!

conechvn Wrote:... Base on what they taught me about Christianity, I don't believe Christianity values hatred toward other people who have different belief. These people in National Organizations for Marriage who call themselves Christians are just a bunch of heartless and mindless people.
To join one of these cults one has to put thinking on the back-burner anyway. I think you are right. It seems to make sense for anyone who considers themselves a Christian to follow at least some of their saviour's teachings! I've never seen where in any of the four Gospels he says anything about making life as unpleasant as possible for gay people - and unlike many of these characters I have actually read them!

There was a survey released here recently that showed the people who knew most about religion were the atheists and agnostics....the people who knew the least about their own religion were the "true believers"...which makes alot of sense when you think about it.

The NOM people are insane....the sanctity of marriage they claim to want to protect went out the window with the first installment of who wants to marry a midget.

I didn't hear them screaming the place down when Britney was married for seventy-two hours either, although I'm sure those seventy-two hours were sacred.

hear hear!

At first I almost misread it as "NAM Exposed" as in Vietnam exposed. However, we all know about Nam and there's nothing bad about that country nowadays.

Just for the record, i am from vn. Do i talk like a communist who try to shoot any one against my idea? Just kidding, vn is a pretty awesome place to live and visit now actuallly. The capital Hanoi where i come from is ranked one of the most peaceful city in asia. And they are going to celeberate 1000'years old of the city this october. A perfect time to visit. And more important you will not have to deal with thse crazy christiAns over there.