Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nambla
Cutieboy Wrote:Now that we're discussing pedophilia in general. My ex claims one of the reasons why I'm not normal is pedophilia... first off, I am not a pedophile. I have worked with children in the past and I am trustworthy with children. He has the audacity to call me a pedophile on another forum after our breakup (which I'm extremely suspicious of still). His crazy hypocritical religious fanatic mother thought I was a pedophile, because I worked with children. Now the reason why my ex may think I'm one is because I got into a relationship with him at 16. However, he was in the age of consent in his state and he was definitely mature enough to be in a relationship. I really don't get it.

I really don't get why he thinks I am one... it makes absolute no sense. His mother obviously cannot grasp the concept of age of consent either, apparently. I kept telling her about it and she is so thickheaded that she does not believe it at all. Back when she called me a pedophile, my ex totally did not agree. And now he does? OH and he also claimed that I was an ephebophile... just because he's an adolescent. Bull-fucking-shit, I call bullshit on that one. I would STILL be into him as he got older. It just so happened that he is an adolescent.

Yes, I needed to get that off my chest.
You were accused of being a...?!
No way.....:frown:
Bighug
Religion and family pressure can make A-holes of anyone it seems.:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Really great argument guys, this is why I LOVE THIS SITE!! You guys are awesome!

Quote:I can only think it must be hell on earth for adults to find themselves driven to seek children for sex. No wonder some of them seek to justify their desires by attempting to normalise their activities. How could they live with themselves otherwise?

Marshlander, do you honestly think a sexual proclivity, or sexual nature, has to be justified? Homosexuals too were once in a boat with people that deviated from the sexual nature of heterosexuality. We (homosexuals) too once sought, (and attained, on some level) justification for our sexual nature as well. Now we are merely being tolerated by people who cannot or will not accept the science behind homosexuality, or sexual choices in general. I just think a fair and deep research on any sexual choice is warranted, before utter hate and condemnation of a group whose sexual choice differs from that of heterosexuality. This is not an advocacy of paedophilia, merely a neutral stance on it. Incidentally, an excellent post!!

Quote:thoughts are expressions of desire, and desires will eventually become manifest.

This is beautifully philosophical and is accurate to certain contexts. However, it is not quite worked out. As, if I were to think, ‘That Bitch’, it is merely, a thought invoked by my hatred of arbitrary girl, which will invoke no manifestation/actions/desire to harm said girl.

Quote:Yet they would choose to override this knowledge because of a latent desire

Actually, a desire, however latent, will be acted upon! According to you as well, as you have said, “thoughts are expressions of desire, and desires will eventually become manifest”.

Quote:I find the comparison to homosexuality quite insulting, and hope this comparison is never made in further debate.

I am quite sorry you find this comparison insulting, and I wish you would have pointed out the nuances of the arguments that compare these two sexualities that bothers you deeply. But if I may, the argument/s are merely saying that sexual nature is not a choice (which is clearly arguable, see the Nature vs. Nurture debate) and that it should be compared to ALL sexual tendencies for the sole purpose of giving it understanding for the sexual desires of paedophiles. We are NOT arguing justification of it, which in my opinion, it needs no justification, but we are arguing that people merely try to understand it.

Quote:these creepers are trying to accomplish real goals like legally lowering the sexual age of consent, which is already 16 it literally can’t get any lower.

The age of consent was once decided by tribes, fathers of the females, etc. and horrifyingly, the ages did not matter, or were extremely low. I’ve posted an article that has varying ages from different times over the years.
Age of Consent - Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society

Really great argument guys, this is why I LOVE THIS SITE!! You guys are awesome!

Quote:I can only think it must be hell on earth for adults to find themselves driven to seek children for sex. No wonder some of them seek to justify their desires by attempting to normalise their activities. How could they live with themselves otherwise?

Marshlander, do you honestly think a sexual proclivity, or sexual nature, has to be justified? Homosexuals too were once in a boat with people that deviated from the sexual nature of heterosexuality. We (homosexuals) too once sought, (and attained, on some level) justification for our sexual nature as well. Now we are merely being tolerated by people who cannot or will not accept the science behind homosexuality, or sexual choices in general. I just think a fair and deep research on any sexual choice is warranted, before utter hate and condemnation of a group whose sexual choice differs from that of heterosexuality. This is not an advocacy of paedophilia, merely a neutral stance on it. Incidentally, an excellent post!!

Quote:thoughts are expressions of desire, and desires will eventually become manifest.

This is beautifully philosophical and is accurate to certain contexts. However, it is not quite worked out. As, if I were to think, ‘That Bitch’, it is merely, a thought invoked by my hatred of arbitrary girl, which will invoke no manifestation/actions/desire to harm said girl.

Quote:Yet they would choose to override this knowledge because of a latent desire

Actually, a desire, however latent, will be acted upon! According to you as well, as you have said, “thoughts are expressions of desire, and desires will eventually become manifest”.

Quote:I find the comparison to homosexuality quite insulting, and hope this comparison is never made in further debate.

I am quite sorry you find this comparison insulting, and I wish you would have pointed out the nuances of the arguments that compare these two sexualities that bothers you deeply. But if I may, the argument/s are merely saying that sexual nature is not a choice (which is clearly arguable, see the Nature vs. Nurture debate) and that it should be compared to ALL sexual tendencies for the sole purpose of giving it understanding for the sexual desires of paedophiles. We are NOT arguing justification of it, which in my opinion, it needs no justification, but we are arguing that people merely try to understand it.

Quote:these creepers are trying to accomplish real goals like legally lowering the sexual age of consent, which is already 16 it literally can’t get any lower.

The age of consent was once decided by tribes, fathers of the females, etc. and horrifyingly, the ages did not matter, or were extremely low. I’ve posted an article that has varying ages from different times over the years.
Age of Consent - Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society

Genersis Wrote:You were accused of being a...?!
No way.....:frown:
Bighug
Religion and family pressure can make A-holes of anyone it seems.:frown:

Thanx.

Unfortunately, I have been accused of that and I know for a fact that I'm not one. You're also right about religion and family pressure.

I would just like to say I'm done with this topic now, i no longer wish to discuss pedophilia

Man, who buried THE most important debate, that will has ever hit GS? Timmy, was it you?

I started it and i finished it,
but i was only speaking for myself, i'm done with the topic everyone else can keep up the debate if they want
I have said everything i needed to say on this topic, i just wanted to stop thinking about the issue.

Gaddammit me and my odd interests again, alienating! I think any topic that attempts to explain, clarify, and make known reasons for its existence is interesting, MOST important, and gad damn well worth the repetition. But, that is just me--unapologetically.

Aaycle Wrote:Gaddammit me and my odd interests again, alienating! I think any topic that attempts to explain, clarify, and make known reasons for its existence is interesting, MOST important, and gad damn well worth the repetition. But, that is just me--unapologetically.

LOL...yeah...I am curious like that too but I also have nothing to add really and I was kinda hoping to open my mind on the subject and/or get a bit of insight or understanding...but it didn't happen....I haven't changed my mind from my original post (I may even like Nambla less now if that is even possible) but I appreciate the chance to try.

There is another topic like this one made by an anonymous person...I forget where it was but it was recent....maybe in confessions or advice? It has the word shameful in the title.

Esruc Wrote:... Posting here was really of waste of ... everyone else's time.
I'd prefer to make my own call on what is a waste of my time, if you don't mind Wavey