Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nambla
Esruc Wrote:I am not convinced this is not conditioning...something that can be overcome but that is a huge difference for me because I was completely convinced prior to this it was all a choice. I base this on a few people I have met over the years and some of the things they told me which I can expand on later if I feel it will add something to the discussion.

Please do. I am curious as to what they told you.

I will later...I got up early to go to the gym so I can get the machine I want:biggrin: It is 5:30 AM now. Gotta run...BTW...I am glad your response was approved...I skimmed it real quick..w.ill read it later...

conechvn Wrote:Pedophile is listed as a mental disorder (while gay is not).

Homosexuality used to be listed as a mental disorder. What is or is not a mental disorder is just the subjective opinion of the persons who write the list.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I’ve been skimming thought the posts and it seems that lots of the discussion is swirling around pedophilia an what that words. I’m not going to go there. I’m staying away from the psychology of the dame thing an focus on the organization it’s self.

Okay this is the point I’m going to make, we can discuss what this a choice and what’s not a choice and that’s all find an dandy but the at the end of the day WE ALL have to draw hard line on Nambla. This organization isn’t just using there freedom of speech to spread the pros of man/boy love. These creepers are trying to accomplish real goals like legally lowering the sexual age of consent, which is already 16 it literally can’t get any lower.

This isn’t ageism either, my mom an dad are 10years apart, but there is a huge different between 30 year old dating 20 year old and 26 year old dating 16 year old. There is a huge emotional and developmental gap in a consensual man/boy relationship that can not be surmounted. I don’t see any situation where a consensual man/boy relationship can be workable, I don’t care how grown up an mature the 16 year old seems he can’t engage in a serious an far balanced relationship with a man twice his age. Even if sex is eliminate from equation all that’s left is some strange surrogate father situation.

This is more what I wanted to write in my original post but for some reason just couldn’t get there….anyway rant over boys.

[quote=TimmyThink]These creepers are trying to accomplish real goals like legally lowering the sexual age of consent, which is already 16 it literally can
Fred

fredv3b Wrote:Homosexuality used to be listed as a mental disorder. What is or is not a mental disorder is just the subjective opinion of the persons who write the list.

I don't think it 's an opinion, physiology is a science that bases on scientific data not bias. It is true that homosexuality used to be listed as a mental disorder is because of the influence of social bias or political cause. However, for the case of pedophile, it has been proved scientifically that it 's a disorder. ,

What is or is not a disorder is necessarily a subjective decision, a 'condition' can't be proven to be a disorder any more than an action can be proven to be immoral.

Psychiatrists (in America) listed homosexuality as a disorder because that it what they thought it was. They changed their minds.
Fred

Whether or not something is considered a mental disorder doesn't necessarily affect whether or not something is a choice. Homosexuality is generally not considered to be a choice (because, well, it isn't), but it's not considered a mental disorder anymore (because it isn't in and of itself detrimental to one's ability to function from day to day).

There's no reason why anyone should want to have an intimate relationship with someone who hasn't full developed and matured mentally, physically, and emotionally, but I don't want to say that a sexual preference for children is a choice; I don't want to demonize someone for simply feeling that preference. They need help. But acting on those preferences certainly is a choice, no matter how strong the urge may be. That's when there have to be consequences, because then you're crossing the line into hurting kids who can't fully appreciate the twisted situation they're in. And I have no sympathy whatsoever for that.

Miles Prower Wrote:There's no reason why anyone should want to have an intimate relationship with someone who hasn't full developed and matured mentally, physically, and emotionally

Yes thank you miles this is the point i was trying make.

An what happens when the boy does mature, suddenly this poor young man who was completely committed to his man through some those crucial developmental teenage years and is suddenly cast off because he developed pubic hair, I would imagine that would be emotionally crippling.

Please do. I am curious as to what they told you.

What I noticed was that these guys shared this one quality...I thought of them as the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz...or the Boy in the Twilight Zone "It's A Good Life"......I do think this state of being was a direct result of childhood conditioning and could be overcome....

I also noticed that these two guys in particular were VERY AWARE on an almost instinctual manipulative level that they needed to control others and I think they thought of it as survival (maybe it was at one time?)...and they used these little boys behind the curtain to engage others...engage others to become protective of them ...and I wonder if this is how these guys operate in the church and in a marriage where they are able to engage their wives into covering for them or making excuses for them?

Now that we're discussing pedophilia in general. My ex claims one of the reasons why I'm not normal is pedophilia... first off, I am not a pedophile. I have worked with children in the past and I am trustworthy with children. He has the audacity to call me a pedophile on another forum after our breakup (which I'm extremely suspicious of still). His crazy hypocritical religious fanatic mother thought I was a pedophile, because I worked with children. Now the reason why my ex may think I'm one is because I got into a relationship with him at 16. However, he was in the age of consent in his state and he was definitely mature enough to be in a relationship. I really don't get it.

I really don't get why he thinks I am one... it makes absolute no sense. His mother obviously cannot grasp the concept of age of consent either, apparently. I kept telling her about it and she is so thickheaded that she does not believe it at all. Back when she called me a pedophile, my ex totally did not agree. And now he does? OH and he also claimed that I was an ephebophile... just because he's an adolescent. Bull-fucking-shit, I call bullshit on that one. I would STILL be into him as he got older. It just so happened that he is an adolescent.

Yes, I needed to get that off my chest.