Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Calling
I have a friend (an online friend whom I've never met) who has just recently come out to her family. They didn't really take it well and apparently have been throwing a lot of offensive names around. I told her to ignore it, don't get mad and just walk away. I don't know if that's the best advice but its all I had. I live in the south and got really used to the name calling a long time ago, especially after Brokeback Mountain came out because I am literally a gay cowboy...boots, spurs, and all. My brother in law to this day calls me "brokeback" every time he sees me. I figure its better for me to ignore it than to get upset over it. Anyway just thought I'd share. Anybody have any other coping methods for this sort of thing?

What's often worked, I guess, is to have a whiplash tongue... and have repartee. But it's not everyone's cup of tea, or forte. Sometimes it's maybe best to lay low and keep out of trouble, and harm.

On the topic of name calling, I've just visited my regular chatroom and received some abuse simply because I have turned off private messages, I prefere to chat in main chat.

My response was an instant "Go and finger yer mam in the bath!"

My last boss siad I had a tongue that could cut glass!1blue1

I just stop letting the names that I was being called by most of my family get to me.

My co-worker whom I am on very good terms with calls me Bitch, Fag, Queer and "Kitty-Queer" (I was petting a stray cat that came to say hello and she saw me, so...) and I really don't see the offense in these words. And neither does she mean them to be.

Gawsh, if I was to react to each time I was called a name...why Donald Trump would be eating pickled Eggs out my Ass and Apple would be shitting their seeds all over the place.

I call my Co-worker the "Delightful Dyke", even though she's married and strictly dickly.

No biggie, get over it Puss <3

QueenOdi Wrote:Gawsh, if I was to react to each time I was called a name...why Donald Trump would be eating pickled Eggs out my Ass and Apple would be shitting their seeds all over the place.

I call my Co-worker the "Delightful Dyke", even though she's married and strictly dickly.

Quote:strictly dickly

strictly dickly

strictly dickly

You keep saying these wonderful lolsome things

Vigilias Wrote:On the topic of name calling, I've just visited my regular chatroom and received some abuse simply because I have turned off private messages, I prefere to chat in main chat.

My response was an instant "Go and finger yer mam in the bath!"

My last boss siad I had a tongue that could cut glass!1blue1
I would second your last boss's thoughts, Vigilias, but boy, do we need people with a sharp tongue sometimes. They are the salt of life. Bighug

Tim18 Wrote:I just stop letting the names that I was being called by most of my family get to me.

It is just sooooo wrong for a family to enter that kind of battle and abuse. It's bad enough when it comes from complete strangers. But you're right Tim, growing a tough outer shell or skin is one way of dealing with it. Bighug, as long as it doesn't turn you into a completely insensitive jerk, of course.

QueenOdi Wrote:My co-worker whom I am on very good terms with calls me Bitch, Fag, Queer and "Kitty-Queer" (I was petting a stray cat that came to say hello and she saw me, so...) and I really don't see the offense in these words. And neither does she mean them to be.

Gawsh, if I was to react to each time I was called a name...why Donald Trump would be eating pickled Eggs out my Ass and Apple would be shitting their seeds all over the place.

No biggie, get over it Puss <3

Queen, you're a strong one, and YOU know it. :biggrin: but under all that outer toughness there's a very intelligent, probably highly sensitive person who might wish, sometimes, to be left alone to live. I'm thinking of people like Joseph, who are extremely sensitive to the fact that people call him names all the time, coming totally from out of the blue, from complete strangers and every time he's affected. Yet he knows who he is and how he can cope with that. He just doesn't have the spite in him to fight this kind of stuff back, therefore he turns the hate against himself. And that can't be good, surely.
Anyway, it's good that you've found some ways of coping, but I guess it's long practice, eh?
PS keep the sharp wit. We love it. Bighug

Well today I was getting call fag/faggot a lot by one of my work mates. I'm not phased when it is done in a way that isn't meant to offend. Also I tell him that he is hitting on me and that he want a fat cock u.u