Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Calling
Kiid Wrote:Well today I was getting call fag/faggot a lot by one of my work mates. I'm not phased when it is done in a way that isn't meant to offend. Also I tell him that he is hitting on me and that he wants a fat cock u.u

It's still not right, even if it's banter.... It just sends the wrong message. Why can't he cal you Josh? Every time, he's emphasising the fact that you're different and that is surely not necessary at work. For one thing, it's unprofessional (especially if done around others, customers and such). It's inappropriate. Maybe secretly he is hankering for a big fat one...

Krupt Wrote:If you get offended by a word you are enabling those who use the word as an insult or weapon, but if you own the words you disable those from using words as a weapon.

True, I should encourage not letting harsh words offend you (as Queen Odie did, does, will do) but it still doesn't make it right that people think they can call other people names just from ignorance, and people need to be educated. Which is why I'm saying they need to know it's inappropriate. It's a tough act to balance.

When I first move to England someone called me a dyke . . .

But I did not know what it meant so it was not a good insult hahaha