Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Change
Ever since I was about 8 or 9 I've hated my name. I am 21 right now (22 next week). Ever since I was 17 I wanted to change my name and when I was 19 I started to really think about it. I kind of mentioned it to my parents and they didnt ~seemed~ phased. I was going to be named Angel when I was born and I really liked that name (It's also my biological grandfathers name too). Aside from that I really really like the name Angel. I just wanted your opinion on the matter? Pros and Cons (just too see what other possible cons or pros that I haven't considered or thought to consider).

a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet- shakespeare

trywait Wrote:a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet- shakespeare

Aww that was so sweet! xD

If you feel like changing your name will make things a little better for you then go ahead, just remember the amount of stuff you're going to have to get your name changed on after though.

I like my own name but I can't stand it when people call me the less common (and earlier, but still used) version of it.

I think a name can affect who you are in life, so is this just about your name, or are you trying to reinvent yourself?

(I didn't like my name as a kid, either. I was teased for years about it, since it is not common. Now it's tattooed on my back in it's original language.)

Counselor Wrote:I think a name can affect who you are in life, so is this just about your name, or are you trying to reinvent yourself?

Maybe a lil of both, For sure I hated my name I've always have and I've not been happy with it, as for reinventing myself? I don't see a problem either way

Maybe it's me but I don't use any name often except if I have to sign something or have it on paper. Mostly people talking just talk and don't call me anything so I don't see what a name matters except not using your real one places it isn't safe like online or for contest sign ups and stuff.

If it makes you happy, that's all that counts.

When I was younger, I really hated it when my name was mis-spelled, mis-pronounced, or changed all together because it was an uncommon name in America. I once thought about changing it to my parents' second name choice for me, which was "Alaric". Still uncommon but less chances of screwing it up. Never changed it, and now I'm glad. Again It's your choice. Be HappyHappy

I am planning to change my name at some point. I hate my last name, and I have no affiliation with my fathers side of the family. I cannot wait! Big Grin

just make sure you spell it correctly when you do change it.