Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Change
hehehe... good advice. I know a couple who mispelled their childs first name hehe

You'd be surprised how infrequently people actually use your name in most situations.

I've become used to just hearing "Hey, you!" and I don't mind it at all. The bit that gets tedious is the inevitable lecture about what it is and is not acceptable to do in a public place.

Call yourself whatever you like, but bear in mind that other people may not lay so much store by a name as you do.

When I was around your age, I preferred my middle name over my first. I thought it was a much more cool name. I never considered legally changing it, but I briefly tried to get people to call me that. Nobody did. A bit older now, I'm glad that name didn't stick.

My great Aunt had her first name legally changed when she was young, later on in life she regretted it and went back to her birth name. Unfortunately that caused a bunch of Social Security and pension problems, but I think she finally got it fixed after a few years of going through legal venues. (BTW, she lived to be 105 and had a wild life of partying and men, I've never met anyone who had as full a life as she did.)

Your tastes and preferences are going to change as you get older. Also, a name doesn't make a person, a person makes a name. A different name won't change you or make people like you better. There might be a stigma to changing your name, people may wonder why... are you unstable or were you running from something? Many people may not, but I have heard those things said in the past.

Do you know why your parents gave you your name? If not ask them.

Be happy with yourself, whatever you do!

Tim Wrote:Do you know why your parents gave you your name? If not ask them.

Be happy with yourself, whatever you do!
haha Yes my mother told me the story (and who i get to blame) Basically My mom was deciding to name me either Angel, Joshua, or Josue (The spanish equivilant to Joshua) but when I was born a family friend (who was also very good friends with my great grandma) well she came in and asked "Why don't you name him after his father! This is your last child why wouldn't you name him after him?" Well my mother felt guilty and named me after my dad.

I was named after my father, whom I've had a sporadic at best relationship all my life. Parents divorced just prior to my birth. I think it's been almost 17 years since I've laid eyes on him or spoken to him. Still waiting for him to call like he promised...

Change your name to something you like. You're the one that has to live with it.