Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name change after married?
Insertnamehere Wrote:In my country is not customary for the woman to take the man's name, she always keeps her maiden one. The kids carry both the paternal and maternal last name (in that order) and that is how we are legally registered upon birth.

I hardly think that gay dudes or dudettes here are going to do any differently

This is one aspect of the culture I live in that I'm keen to maintain if my hypothetical would-be-husband was from a different place, or I'm in another place.

Good.

Cause I already took your last name preemptively for the day when we wed Sheep

Looooool Cat3

Sylph Wrote:Good.

Cause I already took your last name preemptively for the day when we wed Sheep

Looooool Cat3

Then you clearly didn't get the point. No one is taking anyone's name here.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Then you clearly didn't get the point. No one is taking anyone's name here.

Mars, 4 years you've known me;

Have I ever gotten the point? Lol

I just say silly stuff to be silly. I mean, could you even imaaaagine ussssss married?

Last name be damned, I'd be more worried about giving up my sanity, or what little left I have to lose Rofl

Sylph Wrote:Mars, 4 years you've known me;

Have I ever gotten the point? Lol

I just say silly stuff to be silly. I mean, could you even imaaaagine ussssss married?

Last name be damned, I'd be more worried about giving up my sanity, or what little left I have to lose Rofl

No, you never do, that is true.

Oh, no sir, I can't imagine that. I think I mentioned before what my family would do once they found out about your reaggeton tendencies.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:No, you never do, that is true.

Oh, no sir, I can't imagine that. I think I mentioned before what my family would do once they found out about your reaggeton tendencies.

No les gustan el reggaeton? Que pena :cat3

Es bien. No necesitan que encontran eso.

Nos secreto Sheep

I don't know what I would. If/when my man and I marry someday, I don't know if I'd take his name or not. I wouldn't be opposed to it but I don't know if I'd like to give mine up either.

[MENTION=15656]Sylph[/MENTION] would like it to be changed to David ... right Sylph .. haha ..

knickerbuck Wrote:[MENTION=15656]Sylph[/MENTION] would like it to be changed to David ... right Sylph .. haha ..

No ma'am.

I actually like all my names, I was simply teasing my marido Mars Sheep

People just do want they want guurl. Rules are just barely there guidelines Cat3

I'd want one name. Think of it this way you decide to have children. What would his last name be? Does he have one or two. Them think if he marries and has kids. Will that kid have 1,2,3, or even 4 names? It seems to me that last names will get very complicated when no one wants to change thier name. I'd rather there be one household name as it makes the most sense. Talk about it v with your man, maybe he hates his name or you hate yours. Maybe you can combine your names into one cool name, or just make up a whole new household name.