Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some fitness advice
hey guys hows it goin

well basically i started this because i need fitness advice, if u have a look at my profile you can see that i have a pretty average build. But there is one thing that i cant seem to loose.
its a layer of fate i still have on my chest muscles, they aren't man boobs, i haven't let them get that extreme, but im just trying to loose that bit of fat on my chest muscles.

if any of you guys could give me some advice that actually works that would be awesome.

cheers guys.
charlie

I don't have a specific answer but I can tell you that you can't loose fat in specific places, only generally. I.e. if you want to loose fat over your pecs then you will have loose it all over yourself. Which basically means watching what you eat.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Doing work on increasing you pec muscles may yield results...

there is no advice to lose fat in a special area.
u can only lose fat at your hole body... so try to do complex exercises.
like squads and bench pressing for example..

charliemonster93 Wrote:hey guys hows it goin

well basically i started this because i need fitness advice, if u have a look at my profile you can see that i have a pretty average build. But there is one thing that i cant seem to loose.
its a layer of fate i still have on my chest muscles, they aren't man boobs, i haven't let them get that extreme, but im just trying to loose that bit of fat on my chest muscles.

if any of you guys could give me some advice that actually works that would be awesome.

cheers guys.
charlie

Many people on this thread have given some good advice... i.e. you can't lose fat in one particular spot.

Different people carry fat more in some places than others. That's mostly genetics. If you start a good diet and exercise routine then you will lose the fat all over your body.

Not sure if you're aware, but if you have localized fat located under the nipple, it may be a mild form of gynecomastia. This is the development of breast tissue in males due to elevated estrogen levels. This is a very common issue many men deal with. Unfortunately, if that is your issue the only remedy is through plastic surgery to remove the tissue. If this is the case the fat under the nipple will usually be very hard and fibrous.

If your pecs are generally just soft all around, it's probably simple fat, and you can exercise and diet to get that off. You'll also have a better looking body all around. Also the leaner you get, the less free estrogen you have in your body. Men have estrogen floating in their body because fat cells convert excess testosterone into estrogen. The lower your body fat, the less your body is able to convert testosterone to estrogen. Here's the catch, the more estrogen you have the more inclined you are to put on more fat.

Work out hard, eat right and get your body in the best possible shape. That's the best advice I can give.

Here are some tips I use to stay in shape.

Diet
------------------------
- Stay away from processed foods. Even processed foods that you think are good for you like shredded wheat.
- Eat Ezekiel breads and cereals. These are made from sprouted grains. The body uses sprouted grains very differently than regular wheat.
- Eat sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. Sweet potatoes help remove water from under the skin making you appear leaner.
- Eat Flak Seeds in your protein shake.
- Eat lean meats like tuna, chicken and beef. Stay away from processed lunch meats. Even though they may seem high in protein and low in fat, they aren't good for you and won't give you the effect you want.
- FYI: Don't even think you can eat fast food or eat bad and burn it off in the gym. It's a zero sum game and you won't ever get the results you want if you try this. I'm just saying from my own early experience in getting into shape.

Exercise Routine:
-------------------------------
- Always work out your muscles before cardio. Your muscles and liver store glycogen which is a simple carbohydrate that the body uses during physical activity. If you do cardio before weights then you just burned all your glycogen stores during cardio (and not fat) and now you won't have the energy your muscles need to grow during weight training.

- Use heavy enough weights that you fail to lift the last rep. Try to stick to 3 sets of 8-10 reps of each exercise. If you don't struggle on the last rep you aren't lifting heavy enough.

- Burn fat by doing lots of slow low intensity cardio. Get on an elliptical machine and turn on your favorite show and do it for an hour. Studies have shown the lower the intensity of the cardio the more likely you are to burn fat. High intensity cardio is great for the heart, but also hard on the muscles because it breaks them down.

Hope that helps.

gaylynx dot com

As a personal trainer an adjustment to your diet and work out is neccassary. Cardio is a good place to start as well as strenth training your whole body as well as your arms and pecs.

gaylynx Wrote:Here are some tips I use to stay in shape.

Diet
------------------------
- Stay away from processed foods. Even processed foods that you think are good for you like shredded wheat.
- Eat Ezekiel breads and cereals. These are made from sprouted grains. The body uses sprouted grains very differently than regular wheat.
- Eat sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. Sweet potatoes help remove water from under the skin making you appear leaner.
- Eat Flak Seeds in your protein shake.
- Eat lean meats like tuna, chicken and beef. Stay away from processed lunch meats. Even though they may seem high in protein and low in fat, they aren't good for you and won't give you the effect you want.
- FYI: Don't even think you can eat fast food or eat bad and burn it off in the gym. It's a zero sum game and you won't ever get the results you want if you try this. I'm just saying from my own early experience in getting into shape.

Is that true about sweet potatoes??? Never heard anything like it, lol...

Sounds dubious to me.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.