Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural born citizens
I picked this up from another forum I belong to and thought it worth re-posting:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... You worry about Conservatives versus Liberals, etc.--relax, here is your real problem.

In a University Classroom, they were discussing the qualifications to be Prime Minister of Canada. It was pretty simple. The candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least 35 years of age.

However, one blonde girl in the class immediately started in on how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen. In short, her opinion was that this requirement prevented many capable individuals from becoming Prime Minister. The class was taking it in and letting her rant, and not many jaws hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by stating, "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

Yep, these are the same kinds of 18-year-olds that are now voting in our elections! They breed, and they walk among us... Lord -- we need more help than we thought we did!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams