Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navel Piercing - Hot or Trashy?
The other thing is, piercings have a nasty tendency to get infected - my BF is a nurse and he was telling me this horror story about a girl with an infected navel piercing that she neglected and it got way gross - UGH...though the worst he had to offer was a guy who had an infected piercing on his dick..he had these two piercings, one on either side, so it looked like there was something going straight through his dick...
I am waaay too much of a coward to even attempt it.

Ewwww on his penis? That's just. No! XD

Definitely trashy.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Trashy on a guy (sorry)

And just cheep and chavy on a girl Laugh2

ObW
X

Trashy yuck.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Okay, okay, I'm totally not doing it now! :redface:

Not my cup of tea, but do if it makes you feel happy Smile

Uneunsae Wrote:Okay, okay, I'm totally not doing it now! :redface:

Hmm. Which aspect here changed your mind?

Understand that what you find to be hot and sexy is going to be held as such by a minority of people on this and every other planet that happens to have intelligence on it.

The original question suggests that you want other people to tell you what you should be like/look like/act like, wear.... That isn't expressing self, that is seeking to express what others think you are.

That is never, ever a happy road to go down.

Do you think navel rings are hot and would look good on you? Then go for it.

Yeah sure it may send the wrong message to SOME people, but honestly you don't want anything to do with those people. You want to surround yourself with people who accept you for you, not because you have a navel piercing or are gay or attend the right church or meet a certain income bracket or all of the other stupid, lame things that humans use to judge other humans on.

Make your own choice based on your own opinion and fuck everyone else if they don't like. :eek:

:tongue:

Put that fucking piercing in your goddamn naval. Mdance2It's only trashy if you think it's trashy. I mean, if you're going to wear the piercing for the sole purpose of making a statement about yourself, to others. Then I can understand deciding against being trashy. But really. It's whatever. If you think it'll look cool, do it.

I don't think getting advice is wanting other people to tell me what to do. If you knew me in RL, you'd know that I am the last person to do that. Obviously, I myself was on the fence about whether or not I personally thought it would be sexy or trashy. And I wasn't sure why.

For body modification, I don't think asking opinions is unreasonable. It's actually pretty smart, IMO. I'm the kind of person who does what he believes, but I'm not immune to stupidity, ignorance, or just not seeing all the pros and cons. I didn't feel the necessity to get really serious-toned about it though, partially because I just wanted people to say the first thing that came to mind.

The thing that changed my mind was:

Bhp91126 Wrote:If you have a nice stomach, that you'd be happy to display, then display proudly, but don't mess it up with a piercing.

I feel old now

This was a very valid point and got me thinking. And I agree with it.

Smile