Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help in Starting up a Conversation with a guy
Okay, here is the story. During the last 2 weeks of my finals for my first term in university, I've got a crush on a guy.:biggrin: Well the thing is that I've kept noticing him staring at me throughout the whole 2 weeks. That included at the cafe, before the calc final, before the algebra final, etc.. Well, the thing is the term ended with me not being able to find a good chance to talk to him. And it's been 4 months after my internship and school started again. I found him on the first week and ever since then I'm trying to somehow meet up with to start up a conversation. I did say hi to him while we passed each other at the staircase, and there was the time I held the door open for him, which he said thanks. Also, we did kind of stared at each other for a moment while I saw him finish eating lunch at a different cafe in the college. I was with my friends so I couldn't really say hi, but he did nod and stood up to dump the tray in which he came to my direction. But, whenever we meet, it's usually bad timing. The good thing is that I got to exchange few sentences with him in the laundry last week. I found out that he is in chem. engineering. And I'm in robotics, so we barely meet.(That was a very awkward talk, we both kept breaking up in the middle of sentences like saying ah.) Then we did meet again at the bbq party that my rez hosted, but all I could was nod at him since I was talking to my friend and then he went away. After that, I did see him after my calc tutorial, but before I can say hi my friend wanted me to check if he's got my number and I had to look and he passed.(This is just not right..:frownSmile And today, I saw my friend in the laundry so I knocked and she needed help figuring out how to pay for the laundry and luckily(or unluckily) the guy was there studying. I missed the chance to say hello even though we looked at each other for a moment. So it got awkward and her other friend started to come in to do the laundry. That was the most awkward thing that ever happened(On social skill basis) I never even got to ask for his name... I don't know what to do and I choke up even trying to say hello, and now I feel bad for not saying hello...:frown: Do you guys have any advices?

Haha, Waylon you have to just build up the courage and talk to him, just say hi, introduce yourself, and he'll probably introduce himself. If you managed to find out his major you should be able to get his name Wink.

I think you just need to be ready to make small talk. For example when you saw him studying, you could have just been like, "Studying hard, huh?" ... hardly brilliant, but it gets things started. Even if he says 'yep' and nothing more, you could try a follow-up question about subject, etc. Obviously you might not see him studying next, but it doesn't matter - music, food, whatever - sometimes just starting small is the best way to start.

i think jb browder hit the nail on the head

Yeah, I've talked to him once. That was a week ago and that was in the laundry room. I asked him if he was studying calculus. He said he's in chemical engineering so he said he was studying compression and something else. I couldn't understand too well since he was saying a lot of ah or breaks in his sentences, and kind of a quiet voice. Anyways, one thing that came to my mind was the chem finals my major had last term and said "Well, I hate chem." That was a very bad thing to say.. Couldn't think of anything to say and I just said my opinion on chem.(that too straightforward...) Then I asked him what the equation on his textbook meant and I guess my voice was too quiet so he didn't answer and I just say see you. That was pretty much the only time we talked. And today it so happened that my friend needed help laundry and I saw him except I chickened out saying hi. We did kind of looked at each other, but both of us didn't really say hi. I'm still trying to meet him some ways. But, it's really hard since our schedule rarely meets, but I do know where he usually eats lunch at, but my friends hate going there for lunch..

Waylon777 Wrote:... I do know where he usually eats lunch at, but my friends hate going there for lunch..
You're not conjoined.

Ok maybe its really FAIL but try to find him on facebook... At the uni everyone is adding everyone just cause they are at the same University... And thats the 1st step, if you add him and is accepted chat with him, is always easier than face to face chat Wink

marshlander Wrote:You're not conjoined.

Thanks!Confusedmile: I should try going to the cafe that he goes at lunch and see what happens! Wish me luck!

Waylon777 Wrote:... I should try going to the cafe that he goes at lunch and see what happens! Wish me luck!
Of course Smile Good luck to you. Xyxthumbs